Cancelled Barber

Mr. Blindrider

JUst got the email that they cancelled A day on Nov. 10. Anybody else get it? This sucks. Not blaming but it does suck. I was really looking forward to it. O'well. Saturday and Sunday here I come.

Ruhe52

Yeah it sucks and the I day this coming weekend got dumped. What was the reasoning behind this? Schedule conflict? not enough registered riders?

NESBA inquiring minds want to know.

Mr. Blindrider

If I had to guess I would say people simply can't afford to ride the track right now. Much less get there. Our economy is killing everybody's fun and families are just trying to hold on. Let's all hope that soon things will change for the better.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
not to highjack or make this into a political thread....but how long have we been in this "crisis"??? gas prices are down from a couple months ago...all the wacked subprimes are bankrupt...and rates are at an all time low...inflation hasn't struck because every other country's market is in the shitter mainly because they own a part of the US....misery index is constant (11.47).....sure, if ya got some money in the market you are biting your nails and puckerin' your starfish right now...but as long as you have 10+ years til retirement, I think you will be able to buy that AMA bike you always wanted for trackdays by that retirement age

maine11204

I thought that all of the Skills events have been sold out for sometime now. So how could gas, etc. be the issue if it was already full? Just curious.

Meat

As for me, I would LOVE to do an all Intermediate day (until I improve enough to move up), but having a track day on a weekday is just WAY too difficult for me and I am guessing it is that way for most people. Don't get me wrong it is expensive, but time during the week is a much bigger issue for me.

roy 826

You just have to look at your 401k's to see there is a big problem with the economy right now. My 401k tanked bigtime monday, I'm half what I was right now since Jan. 1st 2008. I have a strong 401k program and I am sick about this right now. I was going to buy a new Busa to play with, not now. My track rides may become even fewer in the near future. global economy is tied to the US economy so when we fall flat on our face the others will soon follow. Presidential race is a joke, current admistration is a joke so what does a fellow do, he goes to work and he votes so he can complain like me:banghead:

stkr

That topic title, "Cancelled Barber" scared the crap out of me. I thought it was for this weekend's events, and I have been planing this since March :eek:

Something like "Cancelled Barber for Nov 10th" would have been easier on my nerves. :poorguy: :D

Mr.DJ

I am by no means speaking for the "Man behind the curtain", but I know we did not want to cancel those events. However, the numbers don't lie, if you don't have enough SIGNED UP.... then you have to give folks enough warning to make schedule changes.

For example and MY OPINION Only - A premiere track with only five members does not make sound business sense and failed fiduciary responsibility to the org . Cool for those five, but I'd rather cut some losses (canceling is not free) and use remaining funds to offer one or two additional Days in 2009. This way, the entire member base could benefit if they choose.

I am also disappointed, I took vacation days for the SED A day, more notably the SED I day to come ride with the members. If all those that wanted to ride pre-registered, the result would have been different.

I think we have a very strong and supportive region, I'm confident of whatever the underlying circumstances that is attributing to this anomaly will pass in time. I look forward to seeing you on the track.

DJ out

jimgl3

having looked into renting TGP before I discovered NESBA, I can appreciate the need for early pre-registration. It might be a good idea to inform the general membership of the need to pre-register as early as possible within reason. NESBA has the best rain insurance in the business I can assure you that, so members shouldn't sit back and watch the weather, for instance, deciding whether or not to register. I never was able to get TGP rented because my friends wouldn't commit 2 weeks in advance which was the minimum to line up the ambulance. and the deposit was non-refundable. NESBA is a greater thing than some may realize.

my two cents

Mr. Blindrider

Mr.DJ;19934 wrote: I am by no means speaking for the "Man behind the curtain", but I know we did not want to cancel those events. However, the numbers don't lie, if you don't have enough SIGNED UP.... then you have to give folks enough warning to make schedule changes.

For example and MY OPINION Only - A premiere track with only five members does not make sound business sense and failed fiduciary responsibility to the org . Cool for those five, but I'd rather cut some losses (canceling is not free) and use remaining funds to offer one or two additional Days in 2009. This way, the entire member base could benefit if they choose.

I am also disappointed, I took vacation days for the SED A day, more notably the SED I day to come ride with the members. If all those that wanted to ride pre-registered, the result would have been different.

I think we have a very strong and supportive region, I'm confident of whatever the underlying circumstances that is attributing to this anomaly will pass in time. I look forward see you on the track.

DJ out
I have to agree. If I were the "Man behind the curtain", I would have done the same thing. No need to lose that much for 5 members. I hate that it happen but hey we still have Saturday and Sunday.....................:notsure: at the moment.:eek:

Sometimes business is good, sometimes not so good. NESBA is still the best in my book.:D

JVance

I was kind of wondering why this showed up on the NESBA schedule so late. I was looking for it at the begining of the year since I missed it last year. I think it just showed up on the NESBA schedule fairly recently but it has been on the Barber calendar since the first of the year. I'll see y'all on the Sat and Sunday anyways.

John

Ruhe52

Well no point in crying over spilt hookers. Hey it is what it is. This is a very expensive sport and the economy sucks right now. Everyone is in the tank. Some will make it through others will not. I hate that it is the case. NESBA thanks for all the quality track time this year. I was looking forward to the extra days but oh well there are 5 left on my schedule and they have been paid for since March. There is still a lot of expense left for a track day but the kicker is even if it was 2 times as much I would figure out a way to go as I feel great and walk around with a smile for weeks after a track day. After that wears off I'm just your basic miserable F&%$!!!!!!!!!
Peace and best of luck to all in these piss poor economic times.

FYI this is not a crisis that just started to occur recently it has been on the boil for years what you are seeing is just several factor hitting all at once. Not anyone groups fault. Greed and want are more at fault than business or government.

jimski377

Lemondrop;19879 wrote: not to highjack or make this into a political thread....but how long have we been in this "crisis"??? gas prices are down from a couple months ago
No kidding I saw 3.08 for the first time since last year