Car racing

tiggen

What do you watch? Grand Am? ALMS? NASCAR? F1? Off road? Touring Car? Drag? Dirt?

Rolex 24 is just around the corner. Anybody else gonna watch it?

kawaholic

anything BUT nascar...:D

the top of my list is nhra drag racing. you don't just watch it you feel it (if you're at the track)
love the smell of nitro and rubber in the air. there's just something about a "car" that will do over 300mph, under 4 seconds in 1,000 feet.
top fuel dragster and funny cars don't run 1/4 mile anymore... :mad:

ScottG

F1 when I can. Used to watch all the world rally racing I could find, but I haven't seen it on for a year or two. Just something about haulling a** down a road (ice, dirt, pavement) where you can't see past the next corner, car sideways most of the time and trusting your navigator to get you to the end of the course (or on the flip side, navigating and putting your trust in the driver not to kill both of you).

Mind blowing what the F1 can do on pavement and what the rally cars can do on not pavement!!

BigBird

F1, WRC, Touring, Rolex Grand Am, 24 hours of LeMans (well the parts that I am up for), AutoX.

The last 3 laps of a NASCAR race when "Debris is on track" and they restart.

bmart

Control Rider
Some F1. A little Grand-Am. All Australian V8 Supercars (The best of them all).

No Drag or A$$CAR.

tiggen

bmart;170116 wrote: All Australian V8 Supercars (The best of them all).
Can't get into those or the German touring cars (DTM). I don't know why. Well, I do for the DTM: those cars just look ridiculous.

Justin_H

F1, monster trucks with my 4 year old- though we enjoy the freestyle more than the racing, and when I'm not working on my car, GT1/FF/FV at SCCA national races.

Justin

TeamBeer

Yes! Pretty much anything that turns right and left, plus sprint cars! I love those heat races...talk about balls to the wall!!!

venos31

F1 amazes me how fast those cars are and what it takes to just keep them on the road, World Rally cars, how freaking fast those guys drive on asphalt, gravel, snow and ice...

dbakerpa

None of it - I get pissed when I see what the broadcast. They barely cover AMA yet they want me to watch Miata spec racing? BS

jfeagin

dbakerpa;170866 wrote: None of it - I get pissed when I see what the broadcast. They barely cover AMA yet they want me to watch Miata spec racing? BS
Just imagine that the Miatas are all being driven by cute sorority girls wearing, well, whatever you prefer to imagine. ;)

My 5-yr old likes the F1 so we watch that sometimes. I also enjoy the rally cars.