Carolina Motorsports Park

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Just thinking of WTF to do this winter
newyear.gif
...Jennings is a haul from Richmond and was lurking on another track org sight and noticed Carolina Motorsports Park...Haven't heard of that track and checked it out...doesn't look to shabby..

is this track exclusive to certain track orgs or has NESBA been able to check it out?? Always driven through SC, but never stayed, so not sure of the weather that time of year....

anyways...justa thought
2cents.gif

jimgl3

yes, it is a track NESBA rides. I've got my eye on it for next year !

looks like a good :b: skills enhancement track... hint hint!

Meat

I have only been to CMP once and the only thing that sucks is that you are not allowed to park your bike on the paved roads (not all are actually paved with asphalt) in the paddock. So, it is in the grass for your bike, unless you rent a garage space for $50/day (more like a nice, huge carport), or bring something to put on the grass to put your bike on.

Not being able to park on the paved portions of the paddock is a huge deterrent for me since I don't have the room in my truck to lug a sheet of plywood with all my other stuff.

If they could just let us all put our bikes on the paved sections, I would look at going there more often. I like the track itself, and they allow pets :)

zxsixr

Been there once this year very nice and fun track. As for the weather the high will probly be in the 40s or 50s a little chilly but not too bad.

lemondrop

snikwad;22960 wrote: shouldnt be too cold in december.
yea..that's what I was thinking too...being as this is my inaugural NESBA year, wasn't sure if they close shop for 3 months...

Meat;22949 wrote:
If they could just let us all put our bikes on the paved sections, I would look at going there more often. I like the track itself, and they allow pets :)

now that just doesn't make sense....can't park on the paved, but can have pets?? WTF mate

Meat

Lemondrop;22980 wrote: yea..that's what I was thinking too...being as this is my inaugural NESBA year, wasn't sure if they close shop for 3 months...

now that just doesn't make sense....can't park on the paved, but can have pets?? WTF mate
I was told it had something to do with the fire marshal. I didn't complain as it is the system they have to abide by for some odd reason.

If it is some Fire Marshal issue, then it seems like emergency vehicles would not be using the side roads in the paddock, but what do I know about emergency vehicle driving logic...

meanstrk

Control Rider
(not all are actually paved with asphalt)
Actually, all are paved now...

I just did CMP this past weekend Sat and Sun with US Desmo. Love that little track, but it is hell on the reight side of the rear tires!

lemondrop

So, does NESBA take a break from Dec to Feb?? Just wondering....Recently moved up from FL and did Homestead in Feb..terrific weather....just the roads were too straight (and the cuetips driving was definitely a death-wish on a bike)

Rick Johnson

It's a decent track.Pretty good layout.It is rough on tires though.Not quite as bad now that they did some repaving in the corners.For parking on the grass I got a piece of out door carpet from home depot for about 50 cent a square foot and you can fold it up or roll it up and it does not take up much room.It'll be chilly in Dec. though.I would go soon if any org. is going to be there.

rk97

zombie thread, back from the dead, but...

I'm planning a similar trip, and scoring points with the wife by booking a Hilton Head vacation for the week either before or after I ride.

At least that's the plan...

Does anyone live near the track (or between the track and hilton head) and have a place where I could leave a trailer and bike for a week?

I'm not going to cry if the bike's not garaged as long as you'd be comfortable leaving your own outside in your neighborhood. if you have something (basketball pole?) for me to chain the bike/trailer to, all the better. I'm only pulling a 4x8 open, so this isn't going to be a 100 square foot monstrosity in your driveway for a week.

Just trying to see what options I have before making firmer plans. Looking at August 6 & 7 at the moment.

tittys04

wow... I was about to get pissed. I read this entire freaking thread, all the while thinking, "wtf jon... I know I've told you I've been to CMP and it's an awesome little track, why all the dumb questions?" Then I saw "it's my inaugural NESBA year," and was even more confused. Then I just happened to glance at the 2008 time stamp...

:banghead:

rk97

sorry - i try to always search before starting a new thread. Revived this one rather than starting another on the same topic. The existing thread provided 90% of the info I was looking for; namely whether or not CMP was worth such a long drive.

That settled, I'm trying to get things sorted ASAP so I can book a week on the island. My company owns a house there, but they rent it whenever employees aren't planning to use it, so they're asking us now, so they can tell the realty company.

Old Yeller

what dates are you looking at? There may be something open at Roebling Road in Savannah.

Also, just a thought, but there's a ducati dealership on the south side of Charlotte. it's about an hour from the track. If nothing else, perhaps they'd let you keep the bike there. the reason I mention is that a number of them are members of a ducati club that run at CMP sometimes. Google US DESMO.

oh...and they also have a club there. They let others run those days as long as you are experienced. you might try contacting someone in the club to see if they could allow you to store it at the track or something.

tittys04

rk97;168214 wrote: sorry - i try to always search before starting a new thread. Revived this one rather than starting another on the same topic. The existing thread provided 90% of the info I was looking for; namely whether or not CMP was worth such a long drive.

That settled, I'm trying to get things sorted ASAP so I can book a week on the island. My company owns a house there, but they rent it whenever employees aren't planning to use it, so they're asking us now, so they can tell the realty company.
No reason to be sorry... that's what this place is for. I would have just had to bag-tag jonny if this were a present-day thread, that's all ;)

booboo1

rk97;168199 wrote: zombie thread, back from the dead, but...

I'm planning a similar trip, and scoring points with the wife by booking a Hilton Head vacation for the week either before or after I ride.

At least that's the plan...

Does anyone live near the track (or between the track and hilton head) and have a place where I could leave a trailer and bike for a week?

I'm not going to cry if the bike's not garaged as long as you'd be comfortable leaving your own outside in your neighborhood. if you have something (basketball pole?) for me to chain the bike/trailer to, all the better. I'm only pulling a 4x8 open, so this isn't going to be a 100 square foot monstrosity in your driveway for a week.

Just trying to see what options I have before making firmer plans. Looking at August 6 & 7 at the moment.
I'm in S Charlotte. About an hour away. Live in a nice area so it me up as your plans come together if you need to park something. I probably will be doing the same day's. BTW it is really a good track. Not simple and will test as much as you want.