Case covers?

thumpin250

Is there a specific design that it needs to be for ccs? Does it need to be the full cover or do the ones that cover the lower 1/4 still count?

Matt

thumpin250;231713 wrote: Is there a specific design that it needs to be for ccs? Does it need to be the full cover or do the ones that cover the lower 1/4 still count?
i think theyre specific in the rule book which bikes require covers.. if it doesnt say specifically that you need a full cover, a 1/4 style will pass just fine.

thumpin250

Nope, picked an R6 up a couple weeks ago so it's sitting on the stands waiting for a pallet of parts it feels like. Well i peeked at the rulebook again and it stated " guards MAY be in the form of reinforced covers"....so sounds like i'm going the cheaper route.

Besides, don't blame the bike, blame the rider. :(

gkotlin

I bought an FZR 600 that had a 2 inch wide steel plate bent to be a cover. I would go read the CCS Rulebook. It doesn't matter in the Mid-West, their tech staff is rude and condescending. So if it's wrong, you'll be berated.

thumpin250

Ya i went back and re-read it again today and it was...vague, with the ending thought that it would be up to the staffs discretion. I've experienced there rude and condescending attitude before. Specifically on my first race day, kinda felt like i was the dork walking threw the cool kids locker area. How's the WERA side of the fence?

dlockhart5x

WERA
My brother aka Hotwings got a compliment from a wera tech guy on how nice his safetywire was done.. In our limited experience they have been great.

Case covers spring for some woodcrafts and get it over with.
Do you want to be "that guy" who oiled the track?

geekmug

gkotlin;231862 wrote: It doesn't matter in the Mid-West, their tech staff is rude and condescending. So if it's wrong, you'll be berated.
You make racing sound so appealing.. :p

Germany

I would rather go the full cover route and spend more, than don't get to deal with Larry and co in tech....
I

greeny

GB racing makes a really nice kit for the R6 that go over your OEM covers. they're AMA legal so I'm assuming they're fine for CCS

thumpin250

I'm just dieing to have bodywork show up at least. I figured i'd drill it all for wera spec to boot. Just feel like i'm so far behind it's silly.

csteger03

Just installed the GBs, on my 09 zx6r. They fit great, and if they're good enough for World Supersport, they better be good enough for CCS!