CBR 600rr guru's HELP!!!

bayboy

Ok, here's the deal. I have an 06 trackbike and it keeps cutting off. If its on the kickstand, it won't start. If i stand it upright and move it from left to right and then try to start it it will start but as soon as I lean it back over to the kickstand.............. it shuts off again. What would cause this? It has gas so the put gas in it theory is done. While the bike is leaned over on the kickstand you don't even hear the FI's prime. AS soon as I stand it upright though and shake it from side to side FI's accuate and it will start. Can someone help me with this? Seein as I have a track day next weekend, I'm thinkin a trackbike that shuts off when it's leaned over is totally worthless. Especially since it spends most of it's time leaned over.

PLEASE HELP!!

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Where is the tip sensor. It will have 3 wires going to it and an arrow with up printed on it

bayboy

damn, i JUUUUST got all the plastics back on it. I have no idea where it is but I guess I better start looking? Will the tip sensor cause it not to start?

Steve

:agree: check the tipover sensor. Did the bike run on the side stand before? If so, what (anything) changed on it?

Steve

bayboy

Steve, yeah it ran before. I just took the plastics off and painted them and added a superbike tail.

bigkaley

Control Rider
Tipover sensor is generally up front, behind the gauges where the headlights would be. Most guys zip-ty it to the upper fairing stay, but like Dave said, make sure it's upright with arrow pointing up.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
It will be located on the front harness with the headlights. If you have track body work you may have just tucked it all up and therefore while it is off the stand it is straight enough and when leaned over it thinks the bike has tipped over. You can mount it to the fairing stay. While yore looking at the front of the bike there are two round areas near the bottom of the stay that are perfectly spaced for mounting the sensor just drill the hopes and run some screws in. You can use a tap and die but since it is aluminum you may be able to self tap with the mounting screws.

bayboy

THANKS FELLAS!!! Ya'll the coolest thing since padded toilet seats(and I really value my throne time). 5 minutes on the NESBA board and i got suggestions and diagnosis................ 20 minutes on the 600rr.net and not a single reply. You draw it up. LMAO

rk97

i wouldn't trust everything I read on 600rr.net anyway. The information I've gotten from there is about 50/50.

kawaholic

brad, that's what you get for moving away from kawasaki....:D

seriously though, let me know if you need any help. i'm no honda guru but i'm usually pretty good at troubleshooting. remember that little problem i had at vir a few weeks ago?