CCS NJMP Who's going?

Clarus

I'll be doing the full practice on Friday... I've heard it won't be too hard to learn the track.
I had my best placing last year when I went to VIR for my first time there ever and didn't practice, so maybe that's my secret! Just like Ben Spies!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Lightning is a fun track and should be very fun to race on. I will tell you that most people come off the first session with this confused look on their face. However once you learn THE LINE it will become one of your favorite tracks. If you can, find someone who knows the track well to follow around for a while. Have fun and kick some ass!

squirrel211

I am going to have my wrist and ankle x-ray'd today, but other than that I'm just sore/rashed/cut.

The bike is in fairly good shape, just needing a clip on tube, right rearset, exhaust can, bodywork repaired, windscreen, brake lever, throttle tube and a good cleaning.

The biggest expense is my helmet is trashed. I had also just gotten that suit back from being repaired, and it's now a complete loss. I tore it open on the shoulder, knee and leg. Looks like I'm back to wearing the really tight gray and orange one!

How did everyone do? Pete, I saw you on the dirt in Turn 1, very glad to see you didn't go down!

Macon663

Yea....I hit that curb a little harder than I thought I was going to and it knocked me off my line. I should have been a little more patient. My pace was alot faster than those other guys tho at the end there. I wanted to take it right away. Still got a 3rd so it wasn't a total loss.

I had 3 wins, 3 2nds, a 3rd and 4th overall.

Sounds like it was a tough crash man. I hope everything checks out ok. Did you go to your show after all that?

squirrel211

And you were talking about how you weren't going to win!!

Yeah, I had to jack my guitar up almost to my chin in order to play. The Red Bull and Vodkas helped a bunch too.... I would have been fine if I had stayed on line; but I went in a little hot trying to get a run on Jonathon Elias, and hit those dirt tire tracks.

Did the times for Saturday ever get posted?

Macon663

squirrel211;72381 wrote: And you were talking about how you weren't going to win!!

Yeah, I had to jack my guitar up almost to my chin in order to play. The Red Bull and Vodkas helped a bunch too.... I would have been fine if I had stayed on line; but I went in a little hot trying to get a run on Jonathon Elias, and hit those dirt tire tracks.

Did the times for Saturday ever get posted?
Well it was my first time at the track man! and there were a bunch of dudes just rippin it up in practice and I was havin a bit tougher time than i would have liked learning what i had to do to get it done. And the friday practice sucked. So yea...I was definitely worried at the beginning of the weekend.

Saturday times are not going to get posted is my understanding.

I ran over that dirt a few times myself...pretty hairy out there. I needed to late apex that turn better. I was never really over that inside curbing like I should have been. oh well.

Glad you're ok mike!

Rick Johnson

Sorry you crashed.You were pushing hard through there.That turn sketched me out all weekend.Never really got my knee over the curbing like I should have.I did ok but not as good as Peter.By the way you are looking fast out there Peter.I got 2nd,two 3rds,4th, and five 6ths.But never being there I'll take it.
See you guys at Barber.

eagletangogreen

Rick Johnson;72398 wrote: Sorry you crashed.You were pushing hard through there.That turn sketched me out all weekend.Never really got my knee over the curbing like I should have.I did ok but not as good as Peter.By the way you are looking fast out there Peter.I got 2nd,two 3rds,4th, and five 6ths.But never being there I'll take it.
See you guys at Barber.
Good job Rick!!

Did our boy show up??:confused: