CCS Summit 24-25

Eddie

I've been waiting for Vinny to open this one up, "get excited!!" lol
There have been many "firsts" for me since I got into this sport last year:
First trackday, awesome!
First bump, badass!
First knee down, oh yeah!
First crash, oops..
First time stuffing Emerson into T1........okay..okay..
Now the first race is here!
I'm stoked, nervous, excited, apprehensive, little bit of everything.

So, who's in??
I know Andy and Ramsey are in. We're going to try to pit together in the "Rookie's Corner".
If you're there, stop by and say hi!

Menotomy

World's Okayest Racer
Control Rider
I'll be doing four races Saturday, but have to leave for a Sunday flight because of obligations from my main sponsor (work).

Romans Eight

Control Rider
Director
This is what it's all about! Hope you're safe, and faster then everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eddie

What an awesome time!
Vin, I didn't get a chance to say hi. Heard that you had a bit of an oops. Hope all is okay.
Lenny, fun to be pitted by you guys. Thanks for the tips, help, and conversation.
Will definitely be back for the next one!!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
What an awesome time!
Vin, I didn't get a chance to say hi. Heard that you had a bit of an oops. Hope all is okay.
Lenny, fun to be pitted by you guys. Thanks for the tips, help, and conversation.

Details, man! How'd it go?

Eddie

Details, man! How'd it go?
LOL..
So first ever race was MWSB, 44 bikes on the grid. It was SO crowded! Felt like we were 3 wide through everything for half the race!!
I ended up having to do a little dirt tracking and apparently gained a position in the process, so got meatballed for that one. Didn't finish very well in that one but it was a master class lesson in racing.
Second race was a lighter grid and the most fun I've ever had on two wheels, period. Excellent racing, picked off two in turn 1 on the last lap. Finished 6th and dropped 2 seconds getting into the 1:20's!!!!
I was completely amazed!
Third race saw shifting problems and a 9th place finish. It was a heavyweight race and I was able to get by one of the 750's so that was fun. I decided not to race Sunday for fear of doing more damage to the transmission. So I'm working to get it squared away before the next one.
All in all it was amazing. All I expected and then some. I made some improvements and identified other things that need improvement.
I think it's about the journey more than the destination with this stuff.
So, I'll regroup, recharge the credit cards, and hit it again next time!!
If there's anyone else that's on the fence to race...just do it...you'll be sitting at work the following monday broke, exhausted, satisfied, sunburnt, and grinning ear to ear!

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
What an awesome time!
Nice! Glad you had fun I tried to find you in the paddock. Yes, I was 1 0f 5 that was in the pile up due to a oil spill on the track. All is good, we'll catch you next time or see you at one of N2 events.

2blueyam

I rode up and did a bit of spectating on Saturday. The GTU Expert race was great. O'Hare, Greg Melka and Bailey Cox put on a great show pretty much all day Sunday.

The GTU Amateur race was a bit of a mess toward the end. Up the inside going into turn 8 is probably not a great idea. I hope both riders were OK. Everyone else I saw have a get off got up and walked away.