Celebrating the Life of Mike Moore, NESBA Mid-Atlantic Director (1966 - 2011)

Nesba

Celebrating the Life of Mike Moore, NESBA Mid-Atlantic Director (1966 - 2011)

It is November 6, 2011, a brightly sunlit Sunday morning in Millville, NJ at New Jersey Motorsports Park as Mike Moore, NESBA’s Mid Atlantic regional director, straps on his helmet and uncharacteristically taunts a few of his fellow control riders; “Are you ready to go play, or what?” On this fateful morning, those were unfortunately the last words uttered from Mike Moore as he set out onto the racetrack eager to play with his comrades.

According to a corner worker on the scene, one of the few eyewitnesses to this dreadful event, Mike had apparently lost control of his motorcycle in the Thunderbolt chicane. Though he struggled to regain control of his motorcycle as he went off-track, he and the motorcycle impacted the armco-barrier beyond the corner exit. Mike was immediately airlifted to Mainland Hospital in Atlantic City, NJ where he was immediately placed on life support.

For those of you that knew Mike, he was “all business” when it came to managing track events and safety was always in the forefront of his every thought and action. Regardless of his circumstances, Mike would address issues with unflinching precision and always remained the consummate professional. Whether Mike was riding his motorcycle for fun, doing a 40-mile sprint on his bicycle, or conditioning himself for a marathon, the man always had a plan.

Bob Blandford, NESBA President comments, “Mike is a rare individual and so few times in life do we meet someone with such conviction and pride in all that they do.” Blandford also adds, “There are no words that I can think of that can express this loss and I can only pray that his wife and loved ones can find comfort in knowing what a truly remarkable man Mike was. All of us will miss him terribly.”

Mike Moore was born February 16, 1966 in Pickens, SC. Chatting with Mike leaves little doubt to this man’s southern upbringing, both in his politeness and charm. His aspirations brought him to the Northeast where he graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School and was later a Principal at The Vanguard Group, a financial services group based in Philadelphia. Mike gave nothing less than all of himself in all aspects of his life: work, play, and devotion to his wife. So few manage to achieve this in their lifetime.

Mike is survived by his lovely wife of 19 years, Julie Koedam Moore. Next week would have marked their 19th wedding anniversary. Mike was not only an extraordinarily driven person, but was also an incredibly loving and devoted husband. To observe Mike and Julie, even from a distance, you can’t help but gaze in wonder upon this grand love affair. How validating and poetic that he donned his leathers with the letters MAMJAM (the initials of both he and his wife). Julie stated that Mike considered NESBA his second family and is moved by all of the prayers and outpour of support from this community.

On this day, November 9, 2011, we are deeply saddened to state that Mike has passed on to a better place; a fight to the very end. While it’s hard to put the loss of life into some meaningful perspective, one can be only awestruck by the number of lives that Mike has touched, both on and off the track. Mike may be gone, but he will always live in our minds and hearts. We offer our deepest condolences to his family, friends, and loves ones.

Death is not an end, but a horizon to that we cannot know...
Godspeed #353

---------------------------------- Updates Below ---------------------------------------------------

Update 11/9 13:33//dj

Message from Moore Family and close friends:

"To the Nesba Family and all of Mike Moore's friends. As some of you may have heard Mike Moore, our North East Director of Nesba, track play buddy, leader and devoted friend was involved in a track incident at NJMSP this past Sunday. Tragically, Mike passed away from those injuries early this morning, after a valiant fight. To say we are all devastated by our and his families loss, is an understatement. There is a hole that can never be filled. But, if you knew Mike, as so many of us had the privilege, you know that he would want us to move on and enjoy life to it's fullest as he did. Mike was passionate about our sport, he passed doing what he loved to do.
Try as we may, it will take some time and be difficult, but we will. To that end the Moore Family is planning an "open house / gathering" for all who'd like to attend to celebrate Mike's life, at his "country estate / sand box", (his shop), this Saturday the 12th from noon to six near Spring city, PA. Final details and directions will be forth coming. We know many of you were unaware of the severity of Mike's injuries and were extending many many prayers and well wishes. Please know that his family is most grateful, as it was and is, so very very helpful in dealing with their loss."

The Mike's Shop address is:
521 Ridge Rd
Spring City, PA

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Godspeed to Mike..and my heartfelt sympathies to his wife and family.

Any specific information on where to send flowers and cards or donations to a charity/cause in his honor would be appreciated.

PJZOCC624

My heartfelt condolences to Mike's wife, his family and friends. Mike was a true gentleman and class act. My prayers to the entire NESBA family.

Godspeed, Mike.

Mr.DJ

We know many of you are interested in gathering details and donations. Once we receive that information from the family, we will post.

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
Unbelievable. I will truly miss seeing Mike at the track. He brought an amazing professonalism, passion, and care to the events he ran. Just an all around great guy to talk to and ride with. Godspeed Mike.

MCGMB

I am truly crushed. Mike always went above and beyond to help me and others.

Condolences.

PA Vfr

Incredibly sad! I did not know him well, but from what I did know of him he represented all that is good about this organization. He will be very missed.

Mr.DJ

D-Zum;222247 wrote: Godspeed to Mike..and my heartfelt sympathies to his wife and family.

Any specific information on where to send flowers and cards or donations to a charity/cause in his honor would be appreciated.
Once confirmed, we will.

2trill357

This truly hits me hard! I remember meeting Mike at my first trackday at Summit.....he was definitely a great guy and will be missed dearly!
I'm still hoping that this is all just a bad dream, but unfortunately its not!

Godspeed Mike!!!