Champaign, IL

ymracing

So, how many over 50 y/o and two hundred and too many lb riders NESBA have at their track days:dunno: Thinking about becoming one of them in 2010.

beac83

Come on out and join us! I did my first track day in 2008 at age 53, and am a full-fledged track addict now. My experience is that everyone was welcoming and supportive, and continues to be despite my near-flat learning curve. And I'm havng more fun at this than I ever had on the street.

There are a number of us old farts(joking - call us older folks) out here. You won't be alone, and you will be welcomed. Bring a willingness to learn, your basic friendliness, and prepare to enjoy yourself. In fact, I'll be at pretty much all the MW days starting May 1, and you are welcome to pit with/next to me. In any case, find bike #83 and say hi.

See you out there. Or better yet, come to the Bash at the end of January and meet us in a totally social setting.

greeny

champaign... the best place on earth! i can't wait to go back for my buddy's wedding next fall :D welcome!

ymracing

Sounds like enough of "us" to make it worth coming out. Have a Triumph 955i and a Ducati SportClassic that need to be exercised.

ymracing

beac83;103109 wrote: Come on out and join us! I did my first track day in 2008 at age 53, and am a full-fledged track addict now. My experience is that everyone was welcoming and supportive, and continues to be despite my near-flat learning curve. And I'm havng more fun at this than I ever had on the street.

There are a number of us old farts(joking - call us older folks) out here. You won't be alone, and you will be welcomed. Bring a willingness to learn, your basic friendliness, and prepare to enjoy yourself. In fact, I'll be at pretty much all the MW days starting May 1, and you are welcome to pit with/next to me. In any case, find bike #83 and say hi.

See you out there. Or better yet, come to the Bash at the end of January and meet us in a totally social setting.
The "Bash"?

gkotlin

Yeah, come to the bash. Say hi and meet some people. I'm not as old, but I am 245+lbs. And on an SV. That poor little bike. It's like Snowbiz riding a GSXR 1500!

Welcome.

nodakgus

Another "mature" person

I will be 50 this year and I weight 200lb and I also encourage you to join the fun. I have done more track days than my skill level shows (little or no learning curve :eek:) but I am having a heck of a time nonetheless! Hope to see you at a track later this year!

Gus
:tothetrack:

nodakgus

beac83;103451 wrote: Hey Gus, maybe we slow learners should form "Flat Curve Racing" :D
If you plan on hitting Putnam May 1-2 we can share notes on how we are scorching the track! :wow:

Amac955

Welcome

You're still young. My father-in-law finally 'retired' from track day riding this year. He was 64. He didn't start until he was 58 or 59. You've got lots of time.

ymracing

I've been on tracks, Putnam most recently for Kenny Baker's track day. and really enjoy it. All you guys are little...I'm a bit over 6'4" and 290!

Getting a bit winter weary and looking forward to better weather. Thinking about heading to TX and riding in the Hill Country just to get a fix!

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Welcome to the NESBA family were there’s no discrimination!! It’s all about having fun, fun and more fun… see you out there :D

jimmeigs

Come on out and we'll compare AARP cards. I started when I was 56 and just got bumped to :a: last season at 59. I weight just at 200 lbs. but am currently on a diet and work out routine to get ready for this season since I put on 20 lbs. or so this fall recovering from post crash surgery.

I can see myself doing this for years to come!

ymracing

Working out and trying to knock of the holiday stuff, but...if you drop to 180 and I make it to 280 I would need an extra 15 hp and a lot of riding skill just to keep up with you!

So, what's the first track time ya'll are headed for in '10?