Cheap Street Tires

some guy #2

Whose got the best deal on street tires?

BT-016, Q2, PP, PP2CT, or something like that. Need a set in a 190/55. I found a couple deals for under $250 so help me save money!

mrh372

MotorcycleSuperstore.com and RonAyers.com are where I usually get tires.

I'd also recommend Pilot Road 2 or 3s for street duty. More mileage than the others and still very good grip for street purposes.

-mike

some guy #2

My bike came stock with a 190/50 and I prefer the 190/55. The touring tires don't come in the 190/55 size so I'm pretty much stuck with hypersport tires.

Are the Q2's pretty soft? I had BT-016's but I didn't put enough miles into them to see if they lasted longer than 3k miles.

some guy #2

^Need them to be under $250 shipped. Found BT016 and PP that cheap just didnt' know if anything else was out there.

xr1owner

Ive got a set of used metzlers racetec K3s 190/55 off my BMW s1000rr with 2500 miles on them... $100. I will be in Indy for SX on March 17th. let me know.

mrh372

some guy #2;231090 wrote: My bike came stock with a 190/50 and I prefer the 190/55. The touring tires don't come in the 190/55 size so I'm pretty much stuck with hypersport tires.

Are the Q2's pretty soft? I had BT-016's but I didn't put enough miles into them to see if they lasted longer than 3k miles.
Pilot Roads come in 190/55... Thats whats on my FZ1 right now.

-mike

denbsteph

Pilot Road II's are the best, (IMHO) distance tire you can get. I loved the Dunlop 221's but they were discontinued, Dunlop created the Road Smart's which were garbage for LD, commuter riding. On the Pilot Road II's I'm getting about 12,000 to the set. ADVracer has a set of PR III's on his BMW 1200 GS Adventure bike, says he has pushed them pretty hard and they are holding up pretty well. I'm running 190/50's on my FZ1

denbsteph

Spend the extra 25 bucks and get a set of Michelins Pilot Road II's, you will be very happy with them. STG has them pretty good price.

dude

Waddup man! I can recommend the Pirelli Angel ST. Its sport touring tire and the last one lasted for 8000 mi and a trackday on my heavy @$$ 14 and still had atleast 1500 left but the thread heght was not good to pass tech when we went to Barber. The feel and handling was awesome on road and on track (B group hehe). Those things just feel glued to the road! First set was a 50. I have the 55 now and expect more life out of it. Got my last set @ bike bandit.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

mrh372

denbsteph;231104 wrote: Spend the extra 25 bucks and get a set of Michelins Pilot Road II's, you will be very happy with them. STG has them pretty good price.
I should have specified. I was referring to the Pilot Road line but I currently have on PR2s. Torn on whether to go to PR3s next round. The added sipes makes me inclined to guess that the mileage won't be as good even though their advertisements claim more than the PR2s.

-mike

denbsteph

I have another set of PR 2's waiting in closet to put on, I'm sold on the PR2's. I'll keep buying them as long as they are being produced. Not sure how much mileage you were getting out of your PR2's, but I'm getting around 12,000 out of the set, thats no bull either and thats on a FZ1. If the PR2'S are working well for you, why change?

I didn't read your thread all the way, my bust.

The mileage you are getting out of those tires are dependent on so many factors, air pressure being the number 1 factor. I think whatever Michelin PR series you get, you will be good to go.

mrh372

denbsteph;231111 wrote: I have another set of PR 2's waiting in closet to put on, I'm sold on the PR2's. I'll keep buying them as long as they are being produced. Not sure how much mileage you were getting out of your PR2's, but I'm getting around 12,000 out of the set, thats no bull either and thats on a FZ1. If the PR2'S are working well for you, why change?

I didn't read your thread all the way, my bust.
Yeah that's why I'm in debate on changing to PR3s since PR2s are so good. I'm not getting 12k out of mine though. What pressures do you run? I'm fairly easy on the throttle and I only get 7-8k out of the rears.

-mike

denbsteph

36 front, 38 rear. I have a set of Pilot Power 2 ct's on the fizzer right now, use them for the track days in August at VIR. They still have plenty of tread on them, I have around 2500 miles on them. Pressures for the PR2's wont change much unless I'm hitting the slab or riding the Blue Ridge parkway loaded down with camping gear.

Ex. 39

dude;231107 wrote: Waddup man! I can recommend the Pirelli Angel ST. Its sport touring tire and the last one lasted for 8000 mi and a trackday on my heavy @$$ 14 and still had atleast 1500 left but the thread heght was not good to pass tech when we went to Barber. The feel and handling was awesome on road and on track (B group hehe). Those things just feel glued to the road! First set was a 50. I have the 55 now and expect more life out of it. Got my last set @ bike bandit.

LoL this has GOT to be the same "dude" that just joined GSB.

dude

Yours trully :D and bored as hell cause gf went for girls nite out