Check this kid out

ta2kutz

way too hard to tell if he really is that good.
trust me ive ridden withthe code school for maybe 12 or so days. passing in the traffic at those schools is pretty easy to look that good.
yeas he is smooth and fast but put him in i group with nesba and i would say he is mid to upper i group if that. dont forget there is a large portion of code students that have never been on a track and some that have never been on a sportbike.
ill be with them next week down at thunderbolt. im gonna do some filming and ill put money i look just as fast as him. in code schools the first few sessions youarent allowed to use the brakes. so a kid on a little 2 smoke that would barely use the brakes, is gonna be up to almost his full speed right off the bat.

he is a gifted kid on a bike. im only saying the video is not the best judge. it makes him look 10x's faster then he might be.

riddler

ta2kutz;52672 wrote: way too hard to tell if he really is that good.
trust me ive ridden withthe code school for maybe 12 or so days. passing in the traffic at those schools is pretty easy to look that good.
yeas he is smooth and fast but put him in i group with nesba and i would say he is mid to upper i group if that. dont forget there is a large portion of code students that have never been on a track and some that have never been on a sportbike.
ill be with them next week down at thunderbolt. im gonna do some filming and ill put money i look just as fast as him. in code schools the first few sessions youarent allowed to use the brakes. so a kid on a little 2 smoke that would barely use the brakes, is gonna be up to almost his full speed right off the bat.

he is a gifted kid on a bike. im only saying the video is not the best judge. it makes him look 10x's faster then he might be.
Are you kidding? He 10 years old sliding the tires, carrying great corner speed...
That was awesome. Makes me want to lose 25 pounds and get a 250 2 stroke...

chambers

riddler;52699 wrote: Are you kidding? He 10 years old sliding the tires, carrying great corner speed...
That was awesome. Makes me want to lose 25 pounds and get a 250 2 stroke...
That's what I'm talking about. Age vs. abilities. Give him 5-10 more years and that boy will just be plan bad............

rk97

I hear what ta2kutz is saying - I don't think he's trying to take anything away from Peter Lenz. Clearly, the kid has serious talent.

But riders he's passing are barely getting off the seat in some cases. I didn't see one of them touch a knee. What was more impressive to me was that the camera bike slid the rear twice trying to stay with him in the corner.

ta2kutz

the guy doing the camera is will the mechanic. im pretty sure they say he was a real good racer back a few years.
dont forget a 10yr old doesnt have the fear factor playing into it. remember when you were that age and the stupid stuff you did with the lack of fear of injury or something. stuff i wouldnt think of doing now.
again im not saying he is slow but the people he is passing are going real slow. so it makes him look that much faster. like i said ill post video of me riding with that school next week. and you will see how slow they are and how fast it makes me look.

crewnutz

ta2kutz;52741 wrote: the guy doing the camera is will the mechanic. im pretty sure they say he was a real good racer back a few years.
dont forget a 10yr old doesnt have the fear factor playing into it. remember when you were that age and the stupid stuff you did with the lack of fear of injury or something. stuff i wouldnt think of doing now.
again im not saying he is slow but the people he is passing are going real slow. so it makes him look that much faster. like i said ill post video of me riding with that school next week. and you will see how slow they are and how fast it makes me look.

...............:rolleyes:

RyanITV

Admin
ta2kutz;52672 wrote: way too hard to tell if he really is that good.

+1000 - the kid's talented, but it's relative. My last Code day was at Lightning, prior to me picking up speed, and I was literally weaving through people through the lightbulb turn - my first day on a new bike. Their pace ranges probably sub-B to mid-pack B. You'll have the occasional solid I group rider out there, but for the most part it's pretty slow.

Great way to learn fundamentals, but certainly not a benchmark of skill. Will is quick and a great rider, but spinning the rear up doesn't mean he was even riding at 75%.

Again, not to knock Peter - give the give a few more years and see what he's got.

Ryan

LOrtega

Control Rider
SMELL THAT ....... SMELLS LIKE HATERADE LOL HA HA HA HA HA

The kid does have skill, and he has a big jump on the rest of us so if he sticks with it im sure he could go pretty far.

With that said it looks like he is racing the INTRO riders at most of our events. I mean he passed a guy on an R1 on the straightaway!!!!!!!! on a bike that tops out at 90MPH!!!!!!,,,,,,,,
UM I know im not a mathmatician BUT doesnt and R1 pull 90+ MPH in second gear.......

mx3TT

my 08 R1 does 103mph in FIRST gear. (just to prove your point) that kid has some serious skill though, i would have loved to be on a bike at that age.

suzukigirl

The kid difinitely has some skills! I understand the point about the slow riders... but even the way he manages the traffic shows skill!

I'm so jealous! Maybe one day, when I have kids, I can live my dreams thru them. lol... I hope they like motorcycles!

liteitup

He's definitely one of the best his age. That brought a smile from ear to ear. Yeah the other riders are riding at Intro speed but you can't discredit his abilities. He rides better than most if not all B riders, maybe some I too. His bike is small and nimble just like him. Balls hes got. Big ones. He has learned from some of the best.

FaceRace98

just look at his lines, and the way he snaps the bike to full lean instantly... those skills will translate to a bigger bike....not to mention there is a shot of him in RRW young guns dragging elbow

awhicker

suzukigirl;54119 wrote: The kid difinitely has some skills! I understand the point about the slow riders... but even the way he manages the traffic shows skill!

I'm so jealous! Maybe one day, when I have kids, I can live my dreams thru them. lol... I hope they like motorcycles!
Thats awesome! Most little kids probably get held up by the mom not agreeing with their "dangerous" sport.

A59

I was contemplating going with a 450 for s/m but that 150r motor looks like it's plenty for most karting tracks!