Check this out

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Thats pretty cool. I was watching "How it's made" the other day and they had a similar thing with strobe lights. Companies that make fast moving parts like fans use strobe lights and sync up how fast the light flashes with the speed of the moving part. By doing that it makes the moving part look stationary (kind of like the shutter speed with the blades of the helicopter) and they are able to inspect them before sending them out to the consumer. Pretty nifty idea...

Actually, found the video on youtube. Go to 4:30 mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_VyuIhh6K4

D-Swens

Meat;123960 wrote: The IT geniuses at my work think that this video is sex education and blocked it. Those poor computer guys need to get out more.

I guess I will have to check it out at home. I am actually finishing up a helicopter for the Marines right now.
Hopefully you remember to put the tail section on the helicopter before you finish it up:haha::D

rk97

that's creepy looking.

in high school physics, we did the same thing with a fan and a strobe light. Adding in flight is a whole new dimension.

Meat;123960 wrote: The IT geniuses at my work think that this video is sex education and blocked it. Those poor computer guys need to get out more.

I guess I will have to check it out at home. I am actually finishing up a helicopter for the Marines right now.Yeah, same here. I couldn't access the site because it's "Adult Content".....

dark nater;123963 wrote:
Thats pretty cool. I was watching "How it's made" the other day and they had a similar thing with strobe lights. Companies that make fast moving parts like fans use strobe lights and sync up how fast the light flashes with the speed of the moving part. By doing that it makes the moving part look stationary (kind of like the shutter speed with the blades of the helicopter) and they are able to inspect them before sending them out to the consumer. Pretty nifty idea...

Actually, found the video on youtube. Go to 4:30 mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_VyuIhh6K4
Yeah, that's a pretty cool concept. I don't remember what program it was, but they did the exact same thing for ship propellors to inspect it before they sent it off. I remember thinking that I would get a headache or perhaps an epileptic seizure if I had to do that work all day.