Checking in from Louisville KY

Jackson2180

Whats up all! Excited about new membership interested in everybody's First track day experiences. Was it fun, what track was it, have you learned to love the track? Do you even ride on the street anymore? See you out there. Forgot some information, I've been riding on the street for about 4 years. Current bike 08 Yamaha yzf r6. Some of my previous bikes include 04 600 rr, 2002 Yamaha r6, and 2003 f4i. Thinking about Barber for the first trackday, Thoughts?

dudette

Welcome. First day was pocono fusa. Haven't look back, but have moved up as far as bikes go. I do at least one weekend a month. More if work permits. Ride summit main, beave, njmp and my favorite...vir full.
Donna
07cbr600rr "I" #626

jon686

My first was at Barber (A School), and that is a pretty technical track that can be ridden in one gear if you choose to do so. I did the NESBA intro at Roebling on my own bike, and I actually liked it a little better than Barber because the track was less challenging. The elevation changes at Barber are fun when you warm up to them, but I liked the flowing and flat nature of Roebling to ease into the whole track experience. I would also comment that I liked the track surface at Roebling better- fewer patches and sealer stripes to intimidate the beginner like me. That being said, it's only my opinion. NESBA CR's were there when I needed them or wanted a critique, but willing to let you explore if you demonstrated some ability. I'll definitely be back to both NESBA and Roebling.