Chili Cookoff winner plaque

gkotlin

Very nice.

I'm glad Jan doesn't race. He's obviously good at everything he puts his mind to. And we would need to have a second rate grid marshal.

Gonzo511

Congrats. You'll have a huge bulls-eye on your back next season, thats for sure. Wife want's a re-match also. Good times!

JBZX6R

After it got published on Roadracing World I'll share a conversation I had on Facebook:

Rick Weaver
Rick Weaver Hope I get to try your prize winning Chili sometime! :)

o
Jan Boogaard: BBBut Rick, that was NESBA chili......
o
Rick Weaver: How many years of making NESBA Chili do you need before you finally realize that you have the skill and knowledge to meet the challenge of making Racing Chili?
o
Jan Boogaard: Rick, I do not know if I have the equipment to make a Racing Chili.I know I have the balls, just need to develop the skills before taking that step. I am also actively looking into sponsorship to buy a Racing Slow Cooker.
o
Rick Weaver: You do realize it's more about the Cook than the Equipment don't you?
I'm guessing that you would kick ass even on a street stock stove!
o
Jan Boogaard You are probably correct. Getting enough cook time would be easy too, I just have to change the lid and/or the cord and being over 40 I can enter a lot of contests.