CMP 08/27/22:

ElvisT

Was a great first time with N2. Had the pleasure of meeting Mkbrent in person, what an awesome fella!
Unfortunately the first day on the bike was less than desirable. Struggled with shifting issues which was probably a sign of things to come later. Lost a knee puck in the 3rd session. The big one came in Session 4 when the connecting rod broke and punched a hole in the engine block. Needless to say i'm now hunting a 08-16 R6 motor :(
The organization was awesome in crediting me for 1.5 day.

jsin38

I missed @MK3Brent somehow on Sunday. I orbited the paddock a few times looking for a BMW S1000R and a naked Yamaha wearing number 11 plates but perhaps my eyesight is not so keen anymore. We seem to frequent the same events (VIR, CMP) so I'm sure I'll meet him soon.

Yesterday was awesome. Would you believe that one piece of advice about how to navigate the kink gained me 6 MPH through that section? Huge thanks to CR John for that advice.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Was a great first time with N2. Had the pleasure of meeting Mkbrent in person, what an awesome fella!
Unfortunately the first day on the bike was less than desirable. Struggled with shifting issues which was probably a sign of things to come later. Lost a knee puck in the 3rd session. The big one came in Session 4 when the connecting rod broke and punched a hole in the engine block. Needless to say i'm now hunting a 08-16 R6 motor :(
The organization was awesome in crediting me for 1.5 day.
Was good to meet you too!
Sorry about the blown engine, I saw that huge hole in the side of the block. Could have been much worse. Good you didn't get oil on the tire and lose it.

I missed @MK3Brent somehow on Sunday. I orbited the paddock a few times looking for a BMW S1000R and a naked Yamaha wearing number 11 plates but perhaps my eyesight is not so keen anymore. We seem to frequent the same events (VIR, CMP) so I'm sure I'll meet him soon.

Yesterday was awesome. Would you believe that one piece of advice about how to navigate the kink gained me 6 MPH through that section? Huge thanks to CR John for that advice.
Sorry we missed each other!
I was only there riding for Saturday.
The S1000 was a hoot to ride, and it's still going to take me a lot more practice on it to get used to it. I was having some autoblipper issues where it didn't want to get into second intermittently. Almost as bad as a false neutral. I'll have to look into that.

We're riding NCBIKE on Sept 17-18 doing the ATP. If there are still spots, you should all join. :)

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Had a hoot. Nice to see my friends getting bumped up to other groups throughout the weekend. Excellent work by all.

I also noticed how people were being patient and courteous. Kudos to all of the riders!
Big time. I had my 360 camera going on many sessions and when reviewing the footage, you can see folks setting up for the pass and taking it when it's safe. Great riding with you guys. Can't wait for the next one. :)

ElvisT

Big time. I had my 360 camera going on many sessions and when reviewing the footage, you can see folks setting up for the pass and taking it when it's safe. Great riding with you guys. Can't wait for the next one. :)

Did you have to tether the 360 camera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Did you have to tether the 360 camera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I have a simple cord that wraps around the top bolt and ties into the bike or the mount.
I also recommend people take a picture of your contact info just incase you lose it and some honest person wants to get it back to you.

ElvisT

Yeah, I have a simple cord that wraps around the top bolt and ties into the bike or the mount.
I also recommend people take a picture of your contact info just incase you lose it and some honest person wants to get it back to you.
Which 360 do you have?