CMP 9/1 roll call

USSfishkiller

HI everyone, this is Rob with the Marlboro Ducati 996. Just curious who is coming down to CMP this weekend?

Also, for all of the CR's, anyone know if we are having a pot luck dinner cookout on Saturday night? I always like to contribute so wondering if I need to bring something or not. See you there...

MrFrzz

slow and wide
Gonna be there with her ^^^^^

Rob with the Marlboro Ducati - ill give you a shout today when I leave work and see where you're at.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

MrFrzz

slow and wide
What time in the morning can you get into the track?

David - Intro rider, 08 Husky SMR450
Not sure if you're down here yet but we're over by turn 1. We dropped our stuff off and we headed back to the hotel but youre more than welcome to pit with us.

Look for the goldwing with a trailer on it and a light blue canopy

djhurayt

Yes, we made it. We actually saw your tow rig and commented on it. Super C:cool::cool:L.
Sorry we missed you. Between not knowing for sure how everything worked, getting my own stuff together, and trying to get this silly ass grin (that is still there this morning) of my face, before I realized it the day was gone. I did ride around that loop at some point just to take a looksee. I was on the motard, Husky SMR 450. You probably remember blowing past it a time or two done the straights. I'm tellin' ya I was peddling as fast as I could, really I was.

Anyhow next time, be safe, rubber side down
david

MrFrzz

slow and wide
Thats one of the guys we with, Kurt. He rides in A Group. I think i remember HEARING your bike, long before I saw it. ;) I think I only saw you on track once, but I mentally noted it was you, cause I told my wife and Kurt that you would be down there. Hope to see you at Road Atlanta in October!!!

djhurayt

Ya, sorry, one single super-sized paint can, flying up and down has a rather, some might say obnoxious, if not just plain loud bark. Yes, planning on Road Atlanta, but if you think the Husky makes funny noises, wait till you hear my intended track bike. The Husky was a standby, it would have been much more at home over on the go-cart track. Should have the XR ready and no, not a Honda XR Dual Sport.
2011 Harley-Davidson XR1200X Sportster (with a few added goodies)
david

bmart

Control Rider
Holy crap that was a fun weekend! Thanks to all of the folks who came out to ride with us. I hope that you had as much fun as I did. Just as tick over 550 miles for me. Two rear tires and one front gone...but it was so worth it! Special thanks to the other coaches for pulling double duty all weekend and to Q who kept an eye us on us from the tower and made sure to give us water to stay hydrated. Until the next one, folks!

MrFrzz

slow and wide
Ya, sorry, one single super-sized paint can, flying up and down has a rather, some might say obnoxious, if not just plain loud bark. Yes, planning on Road Atlanta, but if you think the Husky makes funny noises, wait till you hear my intended track bike. The Husky was a standby, it would have been much more at home over on the go-cart track. Should have the XR ready and no, not a Honda XR Dual Sport.
2011 Harley-Davidson XR1200X Sportster (with a few added goodies)
david

Don't be sorry! I didn't mean it negatively at all. My bike still has the OEM can and while most 4 cyl. bikes sound like an Angry bumblebee, mine sounds like a mildly perturbed vacuum cleaner. lol I'm looking forward to seeing that XR. It should have some great pull which will be great to get you out of T7 and onto the straight at RA. Come pit with us! Or better yet, we could all travel down together.

Holy crap that was a fun weekend! Thanks to all of the folks who came out to ride with us. I hope that you had as much fun as I did. Just as tick over 550 miles for me. Two rear tires and one front gone...but it was so worth it! Special thanks to the other coaches for pulling double duty all weekend and to Q who kept an eye us on us from the tower and made sure to give us water to stay hydrated. Until the next one, folks!

550 track miles is what.... like 2000 street miles? Thanks again for all the work you guys put in. You did a great job!!!

bmart

Control Rider
And we managed to get some well earned bumps in! Looking forward to killing more tires at future 2018 events.

Then comes the winter maintenance! Chain/sprockets. Water pump mechanical seal. Bodywork repair/rattle can paint. Wheel bearing checks. Air filter service. Coolant system flush. Trailer pressure wash, wheel bearing grease, deck rubberized coating.

CK_Est_87

Control Rider at N2 Track Days
Control Rider
Great job, Brad!! Have fun at VIR.