CMP - B group - Afternoon Crash

DFlowe

Does anyone have a report on the B group rider that went down going into turn one at CMP this afternoon? He took a nasty spill and had a really nasty abrasion in the groin or hip area along with other injuries.

I was pitted beside him and he was conscious and alert, but in pain. I think they took him to the hospital in Camden to get checked out.

Gwarusee

DFlowe;149790 wrote: Does anyone have a report on the B group rider that went down going into turn one at CMP this afternoon? He took a nasty spill and had a really nasty abrasion in the groin or hip area along with other injuries.

I was pitted beside him and he was conscious and alert, but in pain. I think they took him to the hospital in Camden to get checked out.
Looks like he just posted the highside video up I'll catch y'all out there tomorrow!

TheLoneDuc

I was his pit buddy on the 848. He's ok. He has no broken bones or sprains apparently. Lastt I heard he'll just be sore for a few days. Can't comment on the repairabilty of the bike.

booboo1

He ran into my back tire going into 1. Almost took me out. Hope he is ok but dam he hit me pretty hard. Not sure why he was so hot going in there being in the B group

92illpony

The guy that hit you boo boo had been sliding since at least since the he past the tower and you kept slowing because of traffic in 1 and were lucky you rolled just enough to only gef bumped by his bike.

chaveezy

True, that bike came sliding a long ways up track. Hope everyone is ok, there were a few spills including a nasty one off the kink in A group. Overall though not too bad.

booboo1

Ok, i couldnt tell. I had the Go Pro on and could hear scraping in the video. Then felt the hit. Didn't upset my bike much, just a surprise. How did he fall in the straight? Hope he is ok. Biked looked pretty rough.

chknsht750

I hope he is alright, the bike hit me on the left side, bent my rearset and my legs a little sore. I wish the best to him and can't wait to be out at it again after I get my rearsets.

92illpony

i don't know...he had to be going way faster than everyone else though. His bike passed like 6 guys and he passed most of those same guys on the ground.

wiredsolaris

Not laughing at the overall situation, but LOL. That was funny.

92illpony;150005 wrote: i don't know...he had to be going way faster than everyone else though. His bike passed like 6 guys and he passed most of those same guys on the ground.

booboo1

I did talk to a Control rider when we came in. He said before that happened, the guy passed him without being waved and on the wrong side. He was going to pull him in but he crashed instead.

MoTo ViXeN

chaveezy;149951 wrote: True, that bike came sliding a long ways up track. Hope everyone is ok, there were a few spills including a nasty one off the kink in A group. Overall though not too bad.
That would of been one of my crew that I was with. Let me know if you hear of any video of it. He is wanting to see it what we all seen. But he is okay bumps and bruises no breaks but really sore...

DFlowe

booboo1;150015 wrote: I did talk to a Control rider when we came in. He said before that happened, the guy passed him without being waved and on the wrong side. He was going to pull him in but he crashed instead.
I'm the CR mentioned above and from my perspective he just tried to go into T1 too hot and ran into the back of booboo1 and then his bike slid into others.

He did pass without being waved and it's unfortunate that I didn't have time to catch him before he crashed.

I spoke with some of his family members and they were delightful, although very concerned about his condition.

92illpony

i thought booboo was on the repsol that he his bike slid into..didn't realize more contact was made before that. oh well, shit happens. bumps and bruises will heal.