CMP, B, June 13th announcement

Garrison

Hey guys,

This is a formal apology to anyone who feels I was too aggressive with my passing. I understand that safety is NESBA's top concern and there were points where I wasn't adhering very well to that this afternoon and I'm sorry for that.

On another note, a massive thanks to the CR's for their help. You guys certainly made me faster than I ever thought I would go and now that I've got the bug, I'll be out there picking your brains and trying to hit my lines from now on.

cbgixxer

were YOU the guy who passed me outside in turn 11?

Not that I minded as much as was like... WHAT THE!

but I dont blame you... the B group had quite the variety on Saturday....

Garrison

Was it a white bike with a bulbous ass and a 66 on the left of the tail?

Yeah, that was probably me.
I guess I can take that as a compliment, so thank you.

I'd agree with the variety thing, kind of a crazy mix.

JRA

Garrison;62157 wrote: Hey guys,

This is a formal apology to anyone who feels I was too aggressive with my passing. I understand that safety is NESBA's top concern and there were points where I wasn't adhering very well to that this afternoon and I'm sorry for that.

On another note, a massive thanks to the CR's for their help. You guys certainly made me faster than I ever thought I would go and now that I've got the bug, I'll be out there picking your brains and trying to hit my lines from now on.

Hey Garrison, I never saw you do anything that was technically outside of the rules this past weekend, but if you feel you need to apologize then I think it's pretty obvious that you got away with some stuff that would have gotten you in trouble. I know you remember our talk about aggressive riding and passing in B group. I also know how your day ended, and I hate to say that I'm not surprised.

Hopefully after having some time to think about this weekend you'll understand that you need to slow down if you want to learn and move up through the ranks. If you just want to go fast then you are doing a pretty good job at that, but you are also going to wad up a lot of bikes along the way and maybe hurt yourself.

I hope to see you again at the track this year because I think you have the potential to be a really good rider and I'd like to help you with that. All of us (CR's) are here to give you advice and critique; that's one of our jobs and we're happy to do it. I do want you to keep something in mind though....I'm going to make sure that every CR in your group is watching to make sure there is no need to come on the message board and apologize after your next event. Don't forget that NESBA's policy is that first violation loses you a session of riding, and the second ends your day. At the Directors discretion it could also be that the first one ends your day...just saying.

Garrison

I completely understand John, and it wasn't so much that I felt like I was passing poorly, but one of the other CR's (a shorter fellow, with a shaved head wearing a camper's hat) came up after I wrecked and told me that during that last session my passes had been just a little bit more than what you guys were ok with. Even if I don't feel as though they were, a critique is obviously more impartial than what I think occurred.

As far as other track days, if I can get the money (and honestly, hopefully a new bike) I'll be at VIR S and Barber per your recommendation. I might even just do 2 days at one of them.

Thanks for your words John, I wanted to find you after session 7 but I couldn't.

D.Brown

Cr with campers hat

Garrison;62391 wrote: I completely understand John, and it wasn't so much that I felt like I was passing poorly, but one of the other CR's (a shorter fellow, with a shaved head wearing a camper's hat) came up after I wrecked and told me that during that last session my passes had been just a little bit more than what you guys were ok with. Even if I don't feel as though they were, a critique is obviously more impartial than what I think occurred.

As far as other track days, if I can get the money (and honestly, hopefully a new bike) I'll be at VIR S and Barber per your recommendation. I might even just do 2 days at one of them.

Thanks for your words John, I wanted to find you after session 7 but I couldn't.
That CR was Tony Hedrick:cool:

JRA

Garrison;62391 wrote: I completely understand John, and it wasn't so much that I felt like I was passing poorly, but one of the other CR's (a shorter fellow, with a shaved head wearing a camper's hat) came up after I wrecked and told me that during that last session my passes had been just a little bit more than what you guys were ok with. Even if I don't feel as though they were, a critique is obviously more impartial than what I think occurred.

No worries, we just want everyone to have fun. Don't worry about the new bike for now, what you need is track time. One of the fun things about having an older bike is no one can blame the fact that you are faster than them on the motorcycle you are riding. Of course if you're slower you can always say the bike was holding you back.:D

I had a 08 r6 for 2 weeks.. it was GREAT let me tell you, now it's in pieces!!

Point is I thought a new bike would make me faster too, so i found a really good deal on a kawasaki and I have been going eons faster on it. I wadded up bikes left and right last year (probably 10 crashes total last year with racing and track riding if not more)

This year my first and foremost goal is no crashing!! I have been going a lot faster following my rule and have completed 4 race weekends and 6 track days.

Point is it is easier to learn when you spending a lot of time riding then fixing and healing!

Speed will come!!!

I had a great weekend in South Carolina thanks everyone!!