CMP cr's

JRA

priced still are not ordered lol cause i priced clip on and warmers and case covers.but i do have breaks on the way. i got to paint dooleys next week he is bringing them to me tuesday you going to help
Hey guys, before you order from your local shop you really should price this stuff through Derek and help support our vendor trailer if you can. He can usually match or beat the best internet prices you can find, and that's almost guaranteed to be a lot cheaper.

Armor Bodies is a NESBA sponsor. Just about anybody who has them will tell you they are easily on par with Sharkskins in terms of quality. You can get a really good deal on them through NESBA. I'm not sure what the current offers are but here's a thread about it.

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=1185

Also, Vortex is a sponsor and they make both clip ons and case covers. Vesrah is a sponsor for your brake pads.

I know this sounds like a commercial, but the point is that if we want to keep the trackside vendor operation going we have to support it. Times are tough right now and every little bit helps.

Thanks!

Bmulley

JRA;63890 wrote: Hey guys, before you order from your local shop you really should price this stiff through Derek and help support our vendor trailer if you can. He can usually match or beat the best internet prices you can find, and that's almost guaranteed to be a lot cheaper.

Armor Bodies is a NESBA sponsor. Just about anybody who has them will tell you they are easily on par with Sharkskins in terms of quality. You can get a really good deal on them through NESBA. I'm not sure what the current offers are but here's a thread about it.

Also, Vortex is a sponsor and they make both clip ons and case covers. Vesrah is a sponsor for your brake pads.

I know this sounds like a commercial, but the point is that if we want to keep the trackside vendor operation going we have to support it. Times are tough right now and every little bit helps.

Thanks!
I would check with him but a buddy of outs own a shop here in town and we try to get out stuff from him to help him out also brad at superbikesupply helps us out as much as he can even if he dont make much on us just try to help out the local shops.

Bmulley;63902 wrote: I would check with him but a buddy of outs own a shop here in town and we try to get out stuff from him to help him out also brad at superbikesupply helps us out as much as he can even if he dont make much on us just try to help out the local shops.
WE ONLY BUY FROM NESBA!!!
where is your loyalty!!!
keeeeding but NESBA does have some really great deals on products.

MoTo ViXeN

Well if and when I ever get to start doing track days I'm sure I'll be buying from both! If I wreck my ride at the track even though their is aka "wreck ins" through NESBA I'm still gonna want to fix it asap if I can at the track to get back out their and continue my fun and improving my skills. ;)

Folly1

[everyone keep being 'sorry' for passing aggressive.
who cares...as long as you followed the rules and did a clean pass.
cry me a river!!!

lol

The above quote has bugged me for a week.

Following the rules is jumping out of the basement window and living. It is the lowest common demoninator that does not get you sent home.

NESBA is a great club. It has a membership that most typically goes well beyond what is required to see that the other members have an excellant day.

Newsflash. Mladin is fast. If you can't ride within 108% of his time, you are not. With all due respects, very few in the NESBA paddock are fast. ( Nearly all are faster than I. I would trade several fingers, maybe, to be able to ride like Derek, who BTW, does not ride like a jerk.)

My point is that most of us are just playing with our motorcycles. The rider that has the most fun wins. This is not a rite of passage for many of us.

If the above rings true for you, then you can maybe ride just a little better than the rules require and your contibution will be appreciated by the rest of us slower riders.

Ben

GIXXER09

EASY ON THE 2 MINUTE MEN LOL DANG [

QUOTE=Bmulley;63519]lol sorry 1.53 lets be a dick at least i was under 2 min lol

HAHA thats how i felt when i was out there but still didnt wannt piss to many people off on my first time to track.and if i put a sticker on my helmet for each one that i passed i would have had to wear two helmets to keep up with all the stickers LOL jk[/QUOTE]

noobinacan

Folly1;64069 wrote: [everyone keep being 'sorry' for passing aggressive.
cry me a river!!!

lol

Following the rules is jumping out of the basement window and living. It is the lowest common demoninator that does not get you sent home.

NESBA is a great club. It has a membership that most typically goes well beyond what is required to see that the other members have an excellant day.

Newsflash. Mladin is fast. If you can't ride within 108% of his time, you are not. With all due respects, very few in the NESBA paddock are fast. ( Nearly all are faster than I. I would trade several fingers, maybe, to be able to ride like Derek, who BTW, does not ride like a jerk.)

My point is that most of us are just playing with our motorcycles. The rider that has the most fun wins. This is not a rite of passage for many of us.

If the above rings true for you, then you can maybe ride just a little better than the rules require and your contibution will be appreciated by the rest of us slower riders.

Ben
Motorcycles on a race track = there will be lots of passing.
you will pass others and you will be passed by others. Its just the nature of the sport....As long as its clean, I really don't care how the pass was made.
I was passed plenty of times and have no compaints. HOWEVER.

when there is a really slow rider on the track..you have six bikes all passing each other and the slow bike. ...that's what was scary. I saw elbow contact on two occasions right in front of me. If either one of those guys would have gone down,..I would have HIT them at around 100+mph...no doubt about it.

and so I completely understand where you are coming from.

D.Brown

Shop NESBA

JRA;63890 wrote: Hey guys, before you order from your local shop you really should price this stuff through Derek and help support our vendor trailer if you can. He can usually match or beat the best internet prices you can find, and that's almost guaranteed to be a lot cheaper.

Thanks!
WORD, call dereck......

Folly1;64069 wrote: [everyone keep being 'sorry' for passing aggressive.
cry me a river!!!

lol

Ben
Following your post Ben it is all about who has the biggest penis and can ride the fastest not the most fun duh!

On a serious note your right someone will always be faster and thats the game. I think NESBA does pretty well with the passing and does enforce the rules pretty well. Granted there are not enough control riders to view everything but I got my first passing warning in South Carolina.
It was a good warning as I dialed it down, didn't even think maybe this is on the brakes or on the inside, just kept riding smooth and consistent and I got bumped!

So it's not about how many passes you make on people, it's about how you set them up and how clean you get around them.

noobinacan

deanbosch11@mac.com;64129 wrote: Following your post Ben it is all about who has the biggest penis and can ride the fastest not the most fun duh!

On a serious note your right someone will always be faster and thats the game. I think NESBA does pretty well with the passing and does enforce the rules pretty well. Granted there are not enough control riders to view everything but I got my first passing warning in South Carolina.
It was a good warning as I dialed it down, didn't even think maybe this is on the brakes or on the inside, just kept riding smooth and consistent and I got bumped!

So it's not about how many passes you make on people, it's about how you set them up and how clean you get around them.

+1 on setup.
I found myself two or three bike lengths behind someone..and trying to pass them and outbreak them..etc etc.
and then I realized that I'm doing it all wrong..I need to setup before I can even think about passing. Once I started doing my setups and thinking two corners ahead, I was going much better :idea:

danch

noobinacan;64091 wrote:
when there is a really slow rider on the track..you have six bikes all passing each other and the slow bike. ...that's what was scary. I saw elbow contact on two occasions right in front of me. If either one of those guys would have gone down,..I would have HIT them at around 100+mph...no doubt about it.
The guys that are doing that will crash, sooner than later. You'll learn to read it in their body language - lack of patience, usually combined with a lack of smoothness, hairball lines, no margin for error. You'll learn to keep yourself away from them, not that that helps the slower guy who doesn't realize he's in the middle of a race (for what? first crash wins, maybe?), but my experience was that those guys usually had CRs keeping a real good eye on them after a session or two.

JRA

noobinacan;64144 wrote: +1 on setup.
I found myself two or three bike lengths behind someone..and trying to pass them and outbreak them..etc etc.
and then I realized that I'm doing it all wrong..I need to setup before I can even think about passing. Once I started doing my setups and thinking two corners ahead, I was going much better :idea:
The key is to really be thinking far ahead. If I see that I'm stronger than a rider in a particular turn I might start planning to pass him in that turn on the next lap. Or...I might be stronger in several places but the guy has motor on me and can easily repass me on the next straight, so I plan my pass for the part of the track that will give the most chance to pull a gap. You may need to plan your pass ten or fifteen turns in advance, not just one or two.

For all the guys who complain about being unable to pass a slower ride because he has a faster bike, this is one of the main skills you need to work on.

Folly1

danch;64199 wrote: The guys that are doing that will crash, sooner than later. You'll learn to read it in their body language - lack of patience, usually combined with a lack of smoothness, hairball lines, no margin for error. You'll learn to keep yourself away from them, not that that helps the slower guy who doesn't realize he's in the middle of a race (for what? first crash wins, maybe?), but my experience was that those guys usually had CRs keeping a real good eye on them after a session or two.

They will crash. Treat them as you would a rattlesnake, don't shoot them or beat them with a shovel, but give them some room. A lot of it.

We had been doing T/D's about a year when my buddy would point out people who were going to crash that day. It was scary how accurate he was. A little later I developed that same talent.

I am not fast and never will be, but I am good looking, funny, smart, and the World's Expert on my opinion. IMHO, if you have to push yourself to pass someone, you are riding in the danger zone. This might not be as true later as you delvelope your judgment and skill.

Riding like someone who wanted to learn from the mistakes of others, I did 66 days before my first crash. Then Stupid took over.

Ben.

Thats why in the Rain Policy thread I said I feel much safer in the rain!
Every pass out there is done with utmost caution. No one is trying to dive inside someone or rub up close to someone because it makes for great footage. We are just learning to control the bike period end of story.

:)

D.Brown

Think?

JRA;64211 wrote: The key is to really be thinking far ahead. If I see that I'm stronger than a rider in a particular turn I might start planning to pass him in that turn on the next lap. Or...I might be stronger in several places but the guy has motor on me and can easily repass me on the next straight, so I plan my pass for the part of the track that will give the most chance to pull a gap. You may need to plan your pass ten or fifteen turns in advance, not just one or two.

For all the guys who complain about being unable to pass a slower ride because he has a faster bike, this is one of the main skills you need to work on.
JRA you have time to think before you pass? In A group, it must be subconcious,..
D Brown#10

JRA

Yes Dave I have to think...that's the only talent I have. You, on the other hand, have a ton of natural riding talent and I bet most of the time you just go through and probably don't even remember most of the passes you make.:)

D.Brown

Thinking

JRA;65767 wrote: Yes Dave I have to think...that's the only talent I have. You, on the other hand, have a ton of natural riding talent and I bet most of the time you just go through and probably don't even remember most of the passes you make.:)
Mr. JRA, I wish I had half your abilities . I could have taken that as an insult,until you threw that BS in there about natural riding talent.:haha:
D. Brown #10