CMP Races

Rick Johnson

Well it was a great start to the season.I lead some races for the first time.
Got 4 of 5 whole shots on the R1.It was some good experience for still being
new to racing.It was a twin sprint weekend so double the races and points.
Here is how I did.
Ulimited SS 2nd and 2nd
Ulimited SB 2nd and 3rd
GTO 5th
Middleweight SS 4th and 6th
Middleweight SB 4th and 7th

4 Podiums! Heck ya!

cnsmoore

Congrats Rick, I am going to be trying out a set of those BT003's next month at CMP maybe I can come visit ya down there in the 30's. Todd is gonna hook up with me and help me get ready for WERA in July.

Hey pretty soon you will be giving Aaron a run for his money!

NEW CMP track record:
1.28.54 by Aaron Yates of Jordan Suzuki

Rick Johnson

Thanks Steve.Todd will be a good one to show you around.I think you'll like the 003's.Good luck
at the Wera races.Have fun.If you see Earle tell him I said hello.Are you getting the races not the
R/S?

cnsmoore

Rick Johnson;55720 wrote: Are you getting the races not the
R/S?
Def. the races, I have not heard back for Stick yet but I am guessing a med front and rear due to the fact that its CMP and the temperature is prob gonna be smokin come July.

I am going to work on trying to get through the weekend with no crashes, in order to move toward getting that provisional status out of the way.

Thinking about running class B and C superbike and superstock for sunday. What do ya think?

RacerRuss

BS tires

I would run Type 3 front and 2 or 3 rear, depending on how hard you are on rears (rear tires, I mean :). I ran a front Type 4 front and 3 rear. They lasted for 4 sprints, but they were getting greasy by the end of the last race, my times fell off about 1 sec per lap.

Rick Johnson

B and C classes looks to be the ones you want to be in.I haven't ran with Wera yet but reading
the rule book those look like the two classes you'll want.Russ has more time on these tires so a
3 front and a 2 or 3 rear for July at CMP is a good idea.

cnsmoore

Thanks for the help guys, I am going to need it for sure. I am going to go with that Type 3 front and type 4 rear set up next month just to see how they act. I may go ahead and order some of the type 3 rears as well.

Would ya'll def go with the same setup for VIR (it seems to be a little less harsh on tires as compared to CMP)?

Rick Johnson

Type 4 is the softest.3 Med. and 2 hard.If you go with the 4 rear it's going to wear fast at CMP
in warm or hot weather.I would aleast go with the 3 rear.Talk to Stickboy he's at CMP alot and
will get you straight on what you should run for the hot months there.

Thanks Earle.

cnsmoore

Rick Johnson;55973 said:
I would aleast go with the 3 rear.

Hey Rick, Yeah, I really shouldn't try to reply to these threads in the WEE hours of the morn. That is what I meant, 3 med front and 2 hard rear. I am going to call Derek sometime this week to place my order.

Have you ever heard of guys partnering up in order to get the 10 set deal? I am going to buy at least 5 so I thought it may be an idea.

cnsmoore

Difference: About $50 a day!:wow:

I have not been to Barber or RA yet but I hear they are a blast, maybe next year :dunno: