CMP this month

R6 Art

Whos all pumped for the 2 track days at CMP this month?

Going to be going with 2 friends to both track days, gona all have cams so if you want me or one of us to run behind ya for a while get some footage so you can critique yourself later i can shoot u the clips sometime after the track days. Just link up with us in the staging area and let me know! Ill be on a black 05 R6, not bringing the Red one out this time.

jorge1812

hey Art, u gotta take your street R6 I sold your track bike yesterday bro hahaha jk. you, Brady, and Hunter have fun out there and ride safe. I need you guys and the bikes in one piece so we can hit up VIR South on the 18th :)

CMP heads up

I'm just back from my 1st time at CMP.
I wish I had known about the ground.
unless you rent a garage (highly recommended; $35/day, $135/3 days; easily fit 4 bikes + stands, warmers, ice chests, etc.), you'll be in the grass/sand. it's very difficult to use fr/rear stands safely in soft grass.
bring something solid to roll your stands on.

on the plus side: the grass/trees makes it MUCH cooler than asphalt and if you pay the $15/night camping fee, elec is included.

super fun track. late apexing is the ticket. surface eats tires.

ride safely and have fun!

Readfast

Damn, you drove all the way up here when you have Barber in your back yard?

Cmp is fun, but Barber is probably the best track in the Southeast. I come down there at least four times a year!

Again CMP is fun and I ride it more than any other track due to it being only hour away. But I certainly wouldn't drive 7 hours to ride it! VIR, Yes! NC Bike, Yes! Roebling, Yes! Road Atlanta, Yes! CMP, NO! Plus like you said, eats tires. I usually go thru a rear by 1 pm (brand new tire). Put a new one on it and by 5 pm its almost toast:banghead:

I can ride Barber on a brand new tire for a whole weekend and still have some life in the damn thing.

Anyways, just my two cents

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Readfast;248817 wrote: Damn, you drove all the way up here when you have Barber in your back yard?

Cmp is fun, but Barber is probably the best track in the Southeast. I come down there at least four times a year!

Again CMP is fun and I ride it more than any other track due to it being only hour away. But I certainly wouldn't drive 7 hours to ride it! VIR, Yes! NC Bike, Yes! Roebling, Yes! Road Atlanta, Yes! CMP, NO! Plus like you said, eats tires. I usually go thru a rear by 1 pm (brand new tire). Put a new one on it and by 5 pm its almost toast:banghead:

I can ride Barber on a brand new tire for a whole weekend and still have some life in the damn thing.

I'm guessing the monster v-twin you're riding doesn't help the eating tire part much... :eek:

Ghost Cracker

Readfast;248817 wrote: Damn, you drove all the way up here when you have Barber in your back yard?

I keep hearing about this NC Bike but cant find anything about it. Where is it and how do I find out about their schedule and whatnot??

meanstrk

Control Rider
I ran it once back in April. Unfortunately, I had a mechanical issue which caused me to wad pretty bad, but the primary thing That gave me hell was no curbing. You have to look so far through the corners in some places that it's hard to guage where you are out of your peripheral vision because of the lack of curbs. Fun little track with corners that go forever it seems.

cbr_600rr_freak

I have no problem with the no curbs. It's a new track. They are in the process of getting all that taken care of. All corners are open and you can see through them all. It's a fast and very safe track. I can haul ass here and staying on the track is not a problem for me. I've rode this track about 8 times already and I love it! Def one of my favorites!

booboo1

No he just has bad throttle control and body position:haha:

Readfast

booboo1;248869 wrote: No he just has bad throttle control and body position:haha:
Yeah, what ever! Your still pissed at me for waving bye bye to you at you at Barber, when I passed you! :banghead:

Readfast

Otto Man;248821 wrote: I'm guessing the monster v-twin you're riding doesn't help the eating tire part much... :eek:
Your are wright about the torque, it doesn't help on the tires. But, when guys on 600 are going thru tires at the same rate, it does make you wonder. Supposedly, they worked on the surface this spring to help with the tire situation, but I have seen no change with tire consumption?:notsure:

cbr_600rr_freak

I was there last weekend. It chewed my rear tire up on sat, I flipped it and it chewed it up on sunday. 2 days on my GPA and it was toast! I had to throw it away. And I'm on a 600.