CMP worth the drive?

rpm894

Someone convince me that driving 7 hours to CMP from DC next Friday night is better than staying home all weekend in a city full of people I generally don't like.

I've never been to CMP. Anyone have a take on what the track is like?

Thanks,

Ryan

r6blondie

Staff member
Control Rider
If you haven't been, it's worth the drive. Experiencing different tracks and layouts is very important IMO. Hook up with another rider in the area and split the gas cost!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

bmart

Control Rider
All tracks are worth leaving a city. :)

What do you want to know? It is my home track. Fun layout. Pretty flat, but not completely. New pavement. Range of turn type and radius.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
CMP:

It is paved.

It has both straights and turns.

Some of the turns go right but don't get lazy because some of the turns also go left.

You can ride as fast as you want but sometimes only for a few seconds depending on how fast you are going.

In between sessions there are places to park your bike and take a pee. They are two different places obviously.

Or you could, you know, sit on the couch. Whichever.

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Well in that case, I'm going! I'll just start drinking now to cope with the traffic on 95 south on a Friday evening.

If you want to get a feeling for what the layout of CMP is like, there are a ton of good videos on YouTube to watch. And after you've watched all the good ones, you can watch this:

MK3Brent

Treebeard
I made some new friends last weekend at NCBIKE that I convinced to come to CMP next week. Yes, 100% it's worth the trip.

If you come, and need anything at all, come see me at Campsite #1. I'll have food, tools, and a beer in the evenings.

meanstrk

Control Rider
If you are from the DC area, and have some room, I need to get some bodywork taken to DC for a customer. Drop me a txt if you can. 910. 546. 5985