Congrats to Bubba Zanetti (Dan) on his new I Sticker

Guess it’s going to sound like Academy acceptance speech LOL!

First, I have to thank the Big Man upstairs. Through this whole experience I had to just pray and let it go to Him. In the end, He gets the ultimate credit. Sola deo Gloria!

Second, my lovely wife Jen deserves a heavy nod as she holds the fort down while I go play and when I work on the bike at home. That is appreciated to a level I feel I can’t repay to her. I don’t have the words or prose to glorify her the way she truly deserves.

Third, to my Christian brother and dear friend John Tirado. I still clearly remember that September track day in 2008 at NJMP when I witnessed John come roaring through turn 4 and 5 on his TZ250. Simply put, I was mesmerized and the seed was planted. Anybody who knows John knows he is selfless when it comes to two strokes and riding knowledge. He just loves to help people with that stuff. If he learns something new he wants to share it with anybody who is interested. He loves to see success in others. That is a virtue our society has forgotten a little too much lately. I’ll never forget when I said to him at the track I was thinking of finally taking the plunge and getting a 2T. He said “message me if you do and I’ll help you”. Well God blessed me with the TZ and what I didn’t know was when John started to train me a close friendship developed. We had more than the love of two-strokes in common. I know that we always be close friends, even after we have to mount the 2T’s we own in our living rooms because we can’t buy or make parts for them anymore. God bless and much love Brother.

And a nod to Bob Rothrock, he doesn’t come on the board, but he is another friend who started his 2T journey with John back when they started track days. John and Bob met me at Summit-Main when I first tried riding the TZ125. Although my first time riding the 125 was not a complete disaster even though I could not stay in the power band and I partially seized it. Bob had watched me go out a session and he asked me if the bike felt “shaky” in the turns. I said “yes it does”. Bob then said “Charge a turn”. I just started at him and he said “Trust me, you are not going fast enough on that thing, come into a turn hotter than you think you can do and that is just the beginning” Bad advice right? Well, it happened more by accident as I was on the backside of Main and missed a shift due to the GP set up and I had a choice try and make the turn or run off the track. I went with the turn and the bike completely settled in and was smooth. The really scary thing? I could feel the bike could go even faster through the turn had I come in even hotter. I got a lot of advice that day from John and Bob, but that has always stuck with me because it made me realize I have to completely change the way I ride and think how to ride if I was going to have any success on the TZ.

To the CR’s, Saunders, Kris (Smithereens) and Barry. The work you guys have done in helping me is appreciated with a deep set of gratitude. I appreciate the tips both on and off the track and I really appreciate the patience you guys gave as I was becoming frustrated. Patience gave way to a fun way to evaluate me that really was the only way to do it. I had to re-set my brain afterwards LOL! Looking forward to the new tips when rolling in I-group from you guys and the other CR’s.

Fourth, to all my friends, Jeff, McKown, Bruce, Steve, Curt, Darrin, Judy, Wendy (really the list is long) thank you guys for rooting me on, giving advice and most of telling me never to give up. God willing, see you out there.

Fifth, to my now fellow I-group riders. Please be nice LOL! All I ask is for some patience as I now have a lot of work to do. I am very excited to be learning again at a new level. That is the whole reason I got addicted to track days. The learning truly never ends.

Lastly, to all the B-groupers left behind. The best things I can tell you if you read this is one ,ride with a plan. Go out each session and work on something important like brake markers, turn-in, reference points, the list is endless! When talking with CR’s if they say you are just missing a few things, that seem really small like you missed apex here or their but everything else is good. I know you are thinking “what the heck is the big deal? Put me in I!” Trust me, now that I have ridden in I it becomes a big deal. I sat on the cusp of going into I for sometime due to a few ‘small items’ keeping me out and I got frustrated. Frustration won’t help you. Focusing on fixing the small issues will. If you are still frustrated come find me in the pits. I will be more than glad to help you get re-focused. Besides, you really don’t know what frustration is until you ride a 179lb bike with 35 HP (Sorry Barry, I wish I had 60 HP!!!) in a group that does not allowing passing in the turns. Even I found two parts of NJMP-Thunderbolt where I could pass the screamer-parkers with our bikes straight up and down. Yes, I have witnesses LOL! But if I figured out how to do on the 125, surely you can do it on your 600, 750 or 1000.

If the frustration still isn’t going away pull a CR you trust aside and explain the frustration. They will help you see past the frustration to reach the goal you really both want.

Thanks for all the congrats my fellow Nesbians and betarace’s picture is what happens when you drink too much moonshine and share a sleeping bag with him at the track!

Just ask Judy and Wendy about the shine.

God Bless,

BZ

betarace

daddyfriedrich;284629 wrote: Congrats. Now, where do I complain about the photoshop? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.
you may complain only after submitting a full-face image (preferably with a neutral background) to me via PM

JonnyZ!

barry38;284538 wrote: I am so happy to see Dan get the bump to "I". There is no doubt in my mind he was more than ready. And all you "I" groupers, try not to feel bad when you get passed by a guy on a 125, with about 60 horsepower!!! Go Dan!!!!!

60hp! :wow:

Try 34............ :)

Way to go Dan!

2 strokes representin! :cool:

JonnyZ!

Bubba Zanetti;284654 wrote: I said 35, cuz that one extra HP makes me feel faster :p

BZ

1hp extra will
make you faster!
boink.gif

Again.......WTG!

God bless ya brutha!

CBRtist

Aw. Thanks for the honorable mention. Us Delawareans need to stick together. Given your bump out of B, you are clearly not in slower lower DE ;)

Bubba Zanetti;284625 wrote: Just ask Judy and Wendy about the shine.
Two words:
NEVER AGAIN. :puke:

whitarnold

Please, do us a favor! Next time you come to RA or Barber, buy my 600RR. I has everything you need to move right on up to "A".

whitarnold;284863 wrote: Please, do us a favor! Next time you come to RA or Barber, buy my 600RR. I has everything you need to move right on up to "A".
That would be doing "you" a favor if I bought your 600.

I would not ride RA on a 125, but Barber is a bucket list track for me :). Someday, God willing.

BZ

barry38;285080 wrote: Damm, is that all???? 35 HP. My fucking weed whacker makes at least that!!!!!
LOL! Yeah Brother, I am probably sitting around 33-35 HP. If I get more serious with tuning (which I plan to) I should see high 30's which would rock.

But in comparsion a Ninja 250 weighs 300 something and is what 25-27 HP? And that is why their in no comparison to the 125's.

JonnyZ's Aprilia can see 50HP (if he gets all his cool go fast parts together) and his bike only weighs 155 lbs. if memory serves.:wow:

BZ

BigBird

Great job Dan! Glad to see that you made it, even though we all knew that you would.

Awesome to see my fellow :B: riders get promoted!!