Congrats to Matt for the A bump

tofstfouru

Congrats Matt for the A bump at Road A although I knew it was coming. You were riding so fast at one point the tires couldn't keep up:banghead: Can't wait to get out there again and ride with you.

Texter

Yeehaw buddy! Had a blast riding with you while it lasted! Get that thing patched up and lets go back to the track!

Demps

Matt was flying, I SWEAR TO GOD HE WAS!

Congrats buddy. It was nice seeing all of you out there!

:D

tofstfouru

The look on his face after he got back to the pits resembled mine last year after I crashed at Road A. Think we started a trend of getting the A bump and crashing on the same day. Get her fixed up quick so we can ride back down to Road A on friday for the AMA races.

geekmug

tofstfouru;192489 wrote: Think we started a trend of getting the A bump and crashing on the same day.
No worries, I already broke the trend! Steve warned me I'd have to buy everyone dinner if I binned it, so I was extra careful. I only got to do two :a: sessions before it rained, but it counts!

steve p

Mmmmmmmm BBQ ribs! One of my favorites. Scott, you and Rob did a great job. Too bad Rob wasn't prepared for his debut, good for you though! Hope to see you guys at Blackhawk.

Matt Gephart

I overheard somebody saying that the ambalamps had air conditioning and I was so hot that I just decided to get the free ride back to the pits in a cooler temperature, so I ditched the bike at 90mph to ensure the ride.

Next track day I'll bring enough to cook dinner for all the CR's! Unfortunately I'm too frickin' busy this year to schedule another track day so it will have to be next season. Thanks to Steve for playing withe me for a full session and for shaving your back. Next season will bring new tires among other things.

Will end with my favorite quote from NESBA; I came into the corner hot and ran out of skill.

-matt

j_fuggin_t

gkotlin;192519 wrote: I'm thinking that some tasty bbq ribs should be good this time Steve. mmmmmmmmmribs? i like ribs!!
geekmug;192521 wrote: No worries, I already broke the trend! Steve warned me I'd have to buy everyone dinner if I binned it, so I was extra careful. I only got to do two :a: sessions before it rained, but it counts!
damnit!! i knew i should have stuffed you, i could have earned us dinner!! :banghead:
steve p;192553 wrote:
Mmmmmmmm BBQ ribs! One of my favorites. Scott, you and Rob did a great job. Too bad Rob wasn't prepared for his debut, good for you though! Hope to see you guys at Blackhawk.
does it count if it happens on the 2nd day in advanced??

trailmug

steve p;192553 wrote: Hope to see you guys at Blackhawk.
Definitely. As fun as RA is, and as many great lessons as it has about how quickly you can sail through a corner, I'm itching for some 2-mile tight and twisty. If only the guys that patched RA would pay a visit to Blackhawk..

And thanks for the kind words! As they say, the bump sneaks up on you.. as far as I knew, we were just screwing around having fun with the open track. I'll always remember Marshall asking "so who here thinks they're fast?" in the :b: meeting at Putnam, and after no one raised their hand, he said "good.. cuz I don't want to ride anywhere near that guy." :)

Spitz

Lol. I think we got that the first session of the day on monday. All the I guys went to pit out and not one sole went into "line 1". We all just made on big ass line two.. :D

j_fuggin_t

Spitz;192798 wrote: Lol. I think we got that the first session of the day on monday. All the I guys went to pit out and not one sole went into "line 1". We all just made on big ass line two.. :D
i used to avoid line one like the plague, but then it got to be more fun to chase palella around, next thing i knew at putnam, he says to me "dude your session is going out in about 5 mins" and i thought wtf.. I doesn't go out for another 25 mins, then it hit me, OH SHIT!! i got a fair "welcoming" from near everyone :haha:

geekmug

j_fuggin_t;192576 wrote: damnit!! i knew i should have stuffed you, i could have earned us dinner!! :banghead:

does it count if it happens on the 2nd day in advanced??
Hah, I wondered if that is why you were waiting down at the end of hot pit, but I got off easy. BHF is gonna be Rob's first day since his bike wasn't prepped, so he's fair game!

trailmug

Spitz;192798 wrote: Lol. I think we got that the first session of the day on monday. All the I guys went to pit out and not one sole went into "line 1". We all just made on big ass line two.. :D
I remember making that distinction going from B to I.. the "fast" line in B was generally heavier, and the "slow" line in I. :)