Control Rider OK?

lunchmeat

Pat, I'm wondering the same thing. I believe it was Mike Smith #181. We chased each other around for a couple of sessions and had a great time. Great feedback, very nice guy. I was pretty worried when I saw him down in T1 and his bike come back to the pits without him. Somebody who knows how he's doing please post up.

wsuduc

Yes it was 181.

I came through T1 just after the crash. I saw him laying on his back with his hands in the air not moving much at all. His body expression was of "What the hell just happened" but I didn't hear anything the rest of the day.

I too would like an update if anyone knows.

smithm

Thanks for the inquiry....a broken ankle as Goeff said. I dont recall much of what happened but i'll use myself as a shinning example of what happens with any lapse in concentration. Apparently the rear let go at the appex and I can only assume that would happen if I got off line and out in the bumps. If anyone saw where I was when the rear let go I would love the feedback....there's always more to learn in this sport.

magic-rat

smithm;2574 wrote: Thanks for the inquiry....a broken ankle as Goeff said. I dont recall much of what happened but i'll use myself as a shinning example of what happens with any lapse in concentration. Apparently the rear let go at the appex and I can only assume that would happen if I got off line and out in the bumps. If anyone saw where I was when the rear let go I would love the feedback....there's always more to learn in this sport.

I came by about 20 seconds after you went down. There were other riders that drove off the track to avoid your bike in the track. I don't have the actual incident on film, but I have footage of where you and your bike were laying that I can post. I'll post it later.

lunchmeat

Mike -

Sorry to hear about your injuries, I was hoping you were just carted off as a precaution. Sorry - I didn't see you go down, came by probably 30 seconds later. Thanks again for your feedback and encouragement on such a hot day, hope to ride with you again...but probably not at SP main until they fix it for real.

I hope you feel better and heal up soon.

SimplyRed

smithm;2574 wrote: Thanks for the inquiry....a broken ankle as Goeff said. I dont recall much of what happened but i'll use myself as a shinning example of what happens with any lapse in concentration. Apparently the rear let go at the appex and I can only assume that would happen if I got off line and out in the bumps. If anyone saw where I was when the rear let go I would love the feedback....there's always more to learn in this sport.
Glad you're okay.
icon14.gif

Surfinglbi23

I am not sure how much help I can be but I did see you go down, you were actually right in front of me ... maybe 8-10 bike lengths ... It looked to me that you were taking a little wider line on that lap (I followed you the lap before too) and you were maybe 1-2 feet wider and went through that turn in the really chopped up pavement. It looked to me that your rear just got locked up and kind of stuck and then let go because as you slid, the bike kind of spun around on its side. Not sure how much that helps but thats all I saw as I was trying to avoid riding over your body!

I think you can catch me in the end of Rats video ... I pulled off into the dirt really wide to avoid you and the spinning bike. Once the corner worker came out I took off so I didnt get in the way. Hope you heal up quick.