Coolant in a Gixxer???

racerx69

I know that the hand book says too use Water Wetter in the radiator. Is is good too run only that stuff or does it need to be mixed with water or regular coolant? Im asking so that I can find a coolant that I can run all the time wheather im doing track day or mountain riding.
:notsure:

2trill357

They sell a premixed Water Wetter and one that you have to mix yourself (with water). They do not get mixed with regular coolant. Either one works just fine, but just be sure to replace it with regular coolant over the winter.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I think water wetter can be added to regular antifreeze, but that would defeat the purpose for the track. Just an FYI. I run Water Wetter + distilled water during the season, it was fine when I used my bike for track and street. As mentioned by Jermaine, it needs to be replaced with antifreeze for the winter. Water + Water Wetter will freeze. If you don't get the premix, mix according to the bottle directions. It's only 3-4 capfuls per quart of distilled water.

ERB68

HondaGalToo;169471 wrote: I think water wetter can be added to regular antifreeze, but that would defeat the purpose for the track. Just an FYI. I run Water Wetter + distilled water during the season, it was fine when I used my bike for track and street. As mentioned by Jermaine, it needs to be replaced with antifreeze for the winter. Water + Water Wetter will freeze. If you don't get the premix, mix according to the bottle directions. It's only 3-4 capfuls per quart of distilled water.
It is good to add to any cooling system. I ran it in my mustang with regular coolant when I raced cars.