Coolants in Advanced Group

Mr.DJ

Non-glycol water based products are now approved in Advanced group. The Directors will inform if any adverse affects by allowing these chemicals. If so, we reserve the right to revoke :)

AMA, tracks and Safety Crews have provided positive feedback on these new chemicals.

The manual will be updated. We will not list each product, but if 100% glycol free (non-gycol) coolant, it will be permitted in A-group.

Thanks for you patience on this

DJ

JRA

j_fuggin_t;191091 wrote: grrrr... i just changed out from engine ice to watter wetter!! :D j/k thats good to know
Engine Ice is propylene glycol based and still isn't allowed, so you did the right thing.

pearsonm

Could maybe a trackside provider post up what products they sell that meet the minimum requirements so we can be confident we're getting the right stuff? And thank you to NESBA for researching the issue. It will be nice to only have to think about coolant once a year.

Oldmxer281

Control Rider
From what I've been able to find out, the non-glyclol water based are "coolants only" , not antifreeze! The advantages are more for corrosion and lubrication I believe and not for freeze protection.

eE jeremy

I know it's a pain for us northern folks, but the best bet is put regular antifreeze in when you park the bike for the winter, then when you pull it out in the spring put in water (and water wetter if you like). You end up swapping the coolant twice a year but it's the safest and cheapest bet.

j_fuggin_t

eE jeremy;221197 wrote: I know it's a pain for us northern folks, but the best bet is put regular antifreeze in when you park the bike for the winter, then when you pull it out in the spring put in water (and water wetter if you like). You end up swapping the coolant twice a year but it's the safest and cheapest bet.
or a heated garage/basement :D

noobinacan

in the paddock
if overnight temp drops below freezing for few hours...are you all draining your water/water wetter ?

ERB68

noobinacan;221228 wrote: in the paddock
if overnight temp drops below freezing for few hours...are you all draining your water/water wetter ?
No

If your really nervous about it, put it in your trailer and put a trouble light under it. The heat off the light is enough to keep it from freezing.

Nexus

So engine ice is legal in AMA, CCS an other race orgs, but not legal still for A in Nesba.

Spitz

noobinacan;221228 wrote: in the paddock

It takes quite a while for water to freeze and actually change to a solid, depending on a few factors of course.

Matt

Nexus;221249 wrote: So engine ice is legal in AMA, CCS an other race orgs, but not legal still for A in Nesba.

CCS's manual states

5.2.18 Cooling system must not contain ethylene glycol

AMA PRO racing says
3.6 Engines

f. Coolant must not be glycol based.

If you're familiar with the AMA Pro RR rule book, line E is now stricken, see the attachment.

It's simple. USE WATER. Add water wetter, mocool, or whatever for corrosion protection.

j_fuggin_t

Nexus;221249 wrote: So engine ice is legal in AMA, CCS an other race orgs, but not legal still for A in Nesba.
As the bottle says, "its not anymore difficult to clean up than oil" so what theyre saying is its a pita and still gonna be slippery as hell, still wanna ride over it in the bus stop??