Cortech latigo RR leathers ?

Rick Johnson

I'm needing some new leathers for this season. My question is to those who own or have owned this suit. Looks like a decent suit but one thing that concerns me is: Across the chest where it says Cortech it's about a 4 inch strip of nylon strectch panel instead of being leather. Has this created any issues during a crash? How did the suit hold up overall in a crash? Thanks for any advice!

dbarufaldi

I've owned the suit for about 2yrs now, I think. Truth be told, never really noticed the panel. I wear a chest protector which covers that area, so between the heavy rubber logo, the panel and my chest protector, I'm pretty well covered. I have only crash tested the suit in a very low speed lowside. Landed on my left side, slid about 20ft. Leather is scuffed but no other damage. I would not call it a very tough test, though.

I got the suit at a very attractive price (ping me offlist and I will send you the vendor info). Think I paid high 300's or low 400's, shipped. $380 seems to stick in my mind. Frankly, for that price, I found NOTHING on the market that delivered the quality and features of this suit. I'm very happy with my purchase, and at that price, should have bought two.

If you have any other specific questions, I'll try to help.

Dan B

Rick Johnson

Thanks for the advice guys. In my search I came across a great deal on a Astars suit from Riders Discount. So I decide to stay with Astars. If you need a suit I recommend calling them. They have some great deals!!

denbsteph

Check out Cycle Gear, Alpinestar CR suit damn near 50% off. Depending on what size you are, the colors may be limited, 44 is in black only.