crashing: DON'T DO IT!!

steve p

Man, we all have em and they all suck, no matter how fast or slow. Most important IMO is knowing why, fixing it and getting back out there asap. Glad you were ok and got back out there and crushed it!

dirt,sky,dirt,sky. LOL What made you go down? looked like you were settling into a nice calm agricultural excursion there at first.

lplonske

daddyfriedrich;199157 wrote: dirt,sky,dirt,sky. LOL What made you go down? looked like you were settling into a nice calm agricultural excursion there at first.
i thought the same thing until she started to go sideways. LOL

I totaly botched the entry and thought i was gonna run up on the curbing and just panicked. i learned to not do that anymore. for flipping like that the bike has very little damage.

mpz

I heard gravel and what sounded like tire screech (rear brake?) but by the time I jumped on the bleachairs both Lee and bike were on the ground. Glad you're ok.

Christan

Glad you guys are okay!

I went down as well on Saturday - I am more sore today than I was yesterday and have bruises all over...

I took the kids to the pool today and with my bathing suit on people probably were thinking my husband beats me with a stick...hahaha. Truth is now that he has to fix my bike again he probably would like to beat me with a stick j/k - Love you Zeus! :*

I think my slipper clutch didn't slip or something - either way with my great mechanic and a few new parts, I will be back out again in a few weeks.

Had fun while it lasted - it was great to see everyone!!!!

lplonske

Christan;199330 wrote: Glad you guys are okay!

I went down as well on Saturday - I am more sore today than I was yesterday and have bruises all over...

I took the kids to the pool today and with my bathing suit on people probably were thinking my husband beats me with a stick...hahaha. Truth is now that he has to fix my bike again he probably would like to beat me with a stick j/k - Love you Zeus! :*

I think my slipper clutch didn't slip or something - either way with my great mechanic and a few new parts, I will be back out again in a few weeks.

Had fun while it lasted - it was great to see everyone!!!!
i have a huge bruise on my ass, maybe i could threaten to call the cops for domestic violence and use that as leverage to make the girlfriend let me get a new bike?????

j_fuggin_t

lplonske;199332 wrote: i have a huge bruise on my ass, maybe i could threaten to call the cops for domestic violence and use that as leverage to make the girlfriend let me get a new bike?????
What ya gotta ask permission for?? Its a gf not a wife... let em drop and go get ya a shiny new machine

FlyingMonkey

That’s almost exactly what I did last year except I killed a frog as well. I went in too hot, poor line, didn't trust my tires to pull me through it, & panicked. Oh & I used the front brake on the grass :banghead: . Shortly after I remembered what they said in the morning meeting about going for it & being surprised by how your tires/bike can male it. I have yet to lowside just going for it. I think I need to get past some mental block that makes me try to ride it out instead of leaning in & praying. I lost a session & rode naked (the bike not me) the rest of the day. Blackhawk is so much fun even crashing (twice) hasn't dampened my enthusiasm for it.

tittys04

geekmug;199269 wrote: Add me to casualties:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfwrtR3gKZk

Wasn't until I watched the video that I finally understood how I fell off the right side but all the damage was on the left side. Got away with just some bruises.

Everyone can bring their bike by my place for that wash and wax..
So let me see if I see this right... your rear let go and came around on you, you kind of mini-highsided which bucked you off, and then the bike kept going and landed on its left side?

Wasn't until I watched the video that I finally understood how I fell off the right side but all the damage was on the left side. Got away with just some bruises.

I'm now a movie star.... 1:34, black leathers!

Now that was entertaining.... :popcorn:... and I mean it in a good way. It looks as though you made the best of a bad situation, you prevented a major highside, and caught it all on camera. I wasn't sure what bike you were riding until I saw your head come infront fo the camera.

At least you, the bike, the camera and the footage all came out well!.

eE jeremy

did you run yourself over?!

Glad you weren't messed up and the bike really didn't look too bad either, could have been much worse, see you out there next time :)

geekmug

tittys04;200184 wrote: So let me see if I see this right... your rear let go and came around on you, you kind of mini-highsided which bucked you off, and then the bike kept going and landed on its left side?
Yep, sounds right. I was surprised that the video didn't show how hard the backend bucked when it regained traction.

eE jeremy;200195 wrote:
did you run yourself over?!
Honestly, no idea. A bit of a blur and I conked my head on the pavement hard enough to have left me without a very good memory of the event. That's my working theory though.. the only people who saw it from a different perspective was the corner worker and my g/f who happened to be standing on the inside of T3 taking photos, and she said should couldn't possibly describe what she saw. She took this photo (based on where the curbing is) literally right before disaster:

0020bs1g_ss.jpg

After looking over the bike, it was a cheap accident for sure. Looking forward to riding again soon! BHF was a blast, even if I crashed.

j_fuggin_t

geekmug;200247 wrote: Yep, sounds right. I was surprised that the video didn't show how hard the backend bucked when it regained traction.

Honestly, no idea. A bit of a blur and I conked my head on the pavement hard enough to have left me without a very good memory of the event. That's my working theory though.. the only people who saw it from a different perspective was the corner worker and my g/f who happened to be standing on the inside of T3 taking photos, and she said should couldn't possibly describe what she saw. She took this photo (based on where the curbing is) literally right before disaster:

0020bs1g_ss.jpg

After looking over the bike, it was a cheap accident for sure. Looking forward to riding again soon! BHF was a blast, even if I crashed.
need to take some of that lean out of there scott, get your upper mass over more, essentially the ol' saying "tit on the tank" it should give you some more meat on the tire to play with, give it a whirl next event