Custom earplugs

jfeagin

My current plugs are starting to stiffen up and sometimes even fall out while riding. Kind of annoying...

Anybody got a recommendation on custom plugs?

barry38

I got mine from the hearing aid guy in the local Sears store. Perfect fit, took about 2 weeks to get them, had this set for over 3 years.

1up5down

Control Rider
barry38;190468 wrote: I got mine from the hearing aid guy in the local Sears store. Perfect fit, took about 2 weeks to get them, had this set for over 3 years.
Hey Barry! I have seen you out this season (I know it's only been a few dates). Hope to see you out there soon. I'm in for Monday and the endurance day.

Allen

Mikey75702

If you have any bike shows coming to the area, check them... got mine done at the show for $60? And they were ready in an hour.

Matt

Jeff, Brian Blume can make them.. I think he asks around $70... I'll make sure the kit comes to Road America.

snikwad

surefire EP3/4 earplugs are bad ass. so bad ass you forget to take them out as they adjust for loud and then conversation volume.
they ran me about $10 tho.

j_fuggin_t

Matt;190532 wrote: Jeff, Brian Blume can make them.. I think he asks around $70... I'll make sure the kit comes to Road America.
sweet, i'll take a look at them, but at the moment my 6 pair for $5 sounds great :haha:

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Mikey75702;190525 wrote: If you have any bike shows coming to the area, check them... got mine done at the show for $60? And they were ready in an hour.
Mike,

I got my pair from the guy at the Timonium show. He gave me a business card and of course I threw it away. By chance did you get your's there as well? If so, do you have his information?

barry38

1up5down;190475 wrote: Hey Barry! I have seen you out this season (I know it's only been a few dates). Hope to see you out there soon. I'm in for Monday and the endurance day.

Allen
I'll be there for both!

Mikey75702

No I didn't... I got mine at the dc show. I have the info though... the guy is from out of state... let me know if you want that info.

And just an FYI... I am pretty sure all hearing aid places will make them as well.

jfeagin

j_fuggin_t;190551 wrote: sweet, i'll take a look at them, but at the moment my 6 pair for $5 sounds great :haha:
I've tried the various foam plugs and such, they didn't work well for me. Never could get a good seal. Sometimes, cheap is just cheap. Right now, I'm using a set that's made for use at shooting ranges. It's one of those that has what looks like a tree of cups as well as a sort of ring that seats inside the shell of the ear. Very comfortable. Cost me $16 shipped and started off great. But they've started popping out lately for no apparent reason and it's pretty distracting in the middle of a corner.

Anyway, thanks for all the info so far. Sounds like custom plugs will run at least $50 - $100, depending on various factors. My ears are definitely worth something in that range to me.

j_fuggin_t

jfeagin;190602 wrote:
Anyway, thanks for all the info so far. Sounds like custom plugs will run at least $50 - $100, depending on various factors. My ears are definitely worth something in that range to me.
i use the foam ones, and i'm able to get them to seat but it takes too much time and if they aren't just right i can hear that thing called an m4 gp loud n clear LOL, i used to not use them but i grew tired of not being able to hear for a while after the end of the day lol