D211GP-A Feedback and Reviews

alocker

I know, another tire thread. Hopefully someone has put a few laps on these new tires.

Im just curious on what people think of these tires for trackdays. Thoughts on grip, life, ect would be great. Comparisons to other brands would be even better.

Matt

The D209's are great tires.

The D211 NTECs are amazing

The D211 GP-As are supposed to be 98% of what the NTECs are. Any NESBA member who is not an AMA pro will not be able to tell the difference.

I've ordered a few sets for the race season. I can't tell you how they are just yet, I just finished off my last set of D209's this weekend and was very pleased with them.

My suggestion is check with your regional trackside vendor or the trackday store. Dunlop is offering a "mega deal" on the D209's... 1 front and 2 rears for $329!! That's a smokin deal on damn good tires. Once that deal is gone pony up for the D211gpa.

Matt H

Tires are always a bit subjective, as once you are at a high level, a lot has to do with feel and what you like. Having run Pirelli's and Dunlops myself, I will let you know that the Pirelli's are a soft-carcass tire, while the Dunlop's are a hard-carcass tire. This leads to very different feels. I ran the Pirelli's and Dunlop 209's last year. This year, I have tried the Dunlop 211 GP-A's. I like them a lot more than the 209's, but that's just an opinion. One of the most impressive things I found with the 211 GP-A is the rear grip. On my 1000, after giving the tire hell, and flipping it, there was STILL an impressive amount of grip. I could still get on the gas hard leaned over and bring the front up, as opposed to the rear spinning. Other tires I have found to spin much sooner as the grip falls off. I was seriously impressed by this.

slowpoke

Keep in mind that the package deal on Dunlops (2 rears + 1 front) are for soft rear tires. A buddy ran these last weekend and got 1 day out of the rear.

Personally, I'd pay the extra money for the new 211 or find a medium/hard 209 leftover.