Daytona 200, now off the air!!!! Wtf!?!?

mnofpeace

:banghead:OK, i HAVE to vent here. The so called "world center of racing" and "the most prestigious american motorcycle race" was just taken off the air by the double-B minor leagues-NASCAR QUALIFYING, I MEAN REALLY?!?!?! :banghead:

Now, i dont follow nascar at all, if it comes on sportcenter i turn the channel. i truely do NOT care about it. But once i looked up the France family, and how they own Daytona Speedway, but they also own about 80% of the tracks that NASCAR visit and race at which explains why they are so important and influencial to it. So forgive me for being a bit cinical thinking that, on some level, they ues thier influence to have SPEED leave a live racing event to go cover a NASCAR practice/qualifying. If i am wrong, that is fine, i'll be wrong, but that doesnt stop me from being highly salty about it. You have Zemke on a privateer bike setting the pace, Eslick running very well, DaSalvo who might be able to get back on his bike and run, and a young gun on a Kaw who may be in the hunt as well.

I was soooo willing to give SPEED a chance running this race live. And i do understand that it is Dunlop who is holding up the show. But running from this point on, it will take about an hour to finish this race, and for speed to leave, again a LIVE RACING event, to go cover a non-event where trucks will be running around the track solo trying to set a quick pace within a few laps really is insulting. :argh:

And anyone who wants to chime in: i do understand the 'bread is buttered' argument, and the niche market argument, and all of the other things that can be said about this. But cmon, if you cant dedicate coverage to this race, why would we trust you to dedicate coverage on anything else. Sell it to VS. network or someplace that will at least respect the audience who will watch.

And for God's sakes, air the SBK footage in HD like everyone else in the world...

ok, rant over...ill go over to superbikeplanet and wait for the results.

I snuck out to teach a newbie how to ride (blind leading the blind???) So I guess I made a good call. Gotta find out WTF is up with the tires down there.

JU190

From the ama twitter
TV UDATE: A 1-hour Daytona 200 conclusion show will air tonight on @SpeedTV at 11 pm EST, followed by both National Guard SuperBike races

upnadam

JU190;176903 wrote: From the ama twitter
TV UDATE: A 1-hour Daytona 200 conclusion show will air tonight on @SpeedTV at 11 pm EST, followed by both National Guard SuperBike races
Yup. :banghead:

jimgl3

so now instead of both full sbk races at 3 and 4 am Monday there is only 1 hour. guess they will play highlights? this is total horse manure

did they show any sbk races last night or just the conclusion of the 200?

PJZOCC624

I watched the race after I got off work yesterday, and I gotta say, I don't think all of the blame falls on SPEED. There was ALOT of down time before SPEED decided to move on to NASTRCUKS. I wasn't paying too much attention to what the commentary was (I had it on in the background), but it seems like the track officials let that thing drag on. I don't understand why it was taking them so long to get restarted.

I'm not a SPEED apologist by any means, but how long were they supposed to wait for the bikes to get back to racing? Looked like a big fustercluck at track level.

Or did I miss something? :dunno:

EDIT: didn't see the finish at 11pm... was busy crushing beers and bourbon...

bugmn20

jimgl3;176956 wrote: so now instead of both full sbk races at 3 and 4 am Monday there is only 1 hour. guess they will play highlights? this is total horse manure

did they show any sbk races last night or just the conclusion of the 200?

They showed the conclusion of the 200 followed by both sbk races last night.

IndyMontoto

I was there in person.. And WOW the finish was just crazy!!! So glad no one was hurt, looked pretty nasty... The red flag after lap 27 really almost ruined my afternoon but after the second red flag when they got on the track again it was awesome racing.. Too bad Zemke wasn't able to get the victory.

I think it's bull that DiSalvo blew his engine, and they mysteriously kept extending the time for the restart until they just so happened to get his bike fixed a minute before the restart.. Oh well I still had a great time!

jimgl3

i'm sooooo sorry for bringing this back, but i just looked and the flat track race is coming on tomorrow for the, count it, third time! i'm beside myself