DE Mom Stepping Out From Canopy

CBRtist

Hello All!

Some of you may know me, have seen me around (most recently at NJMP fundraiser... I'm the one with the kid on my shoulders), seen my daughter (the 4 year old riding around the paddock on the CRF50 w/training wheels) or know my husband (Tip [a.k.a. Cheffy] - 313).

After 7 years of street riding (first CBR 600 f4i, now 600RR... we won't discuss very brief stint on Interceptor circa '90 :poorguy:), going to the track with Cheffy for about 6 years, I have succumbed to peer pressure and signed up for an Intro (if I get in), which *could* lead to a full track day given my energy, mood, and how much money my husband is carrying in his wallet that day:adore: I could kick around theories forever, but I'm not going to learn anything until I put it into practice.

I've been making one excuse or the other why not to get on the track... Mom, money, time, risk... while I watched the fun. I also was at the track the day that Mike passed :( and in impacted me greatly. So, I made the commitment to myself, to get on the track at least ONCE within the year along with doing a lot of other things this year that I had been making excuses about (including starting a second business). Life is certainly too short and I want no regrets.

Hopefully this will become a manageable addiction. I'm looking forward to making new friends (the more women the better, feel free to PM me!) and I am extremely open to suggestions, comments, or anything else to enhance my experience and make me a safer/better rider overall.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Awesome! You'll love it! When are you planning your first day? You'll learn more on the track in a year than in all your street years; you'll learn things that will make you a safer rider on the street. I think I saw your daughter on the pink bike in the paddock, the weekend of the fundraiser? I though, how cool, how awesome. Wish I'd learned at that age. I don't think I know you guys, but hopefully we'll meet soon. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions! Welcome to the riding part of the track experience!!

CBRtist

Hi Judy! Thanks for your welcome! My daughter has NO idea how good she has it and knows she can start riding/racing at 5... so we'll see and work on the training wheels. I figured I better get on the track before she does :doh:

My date is Oct 1, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm sure I'll be PMing you as I've heard great things about you and am known for questions (sometimes not always the brightest)!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
The only not bright question is the one not asked. Well, most of the time, LOL. I assume Oct 1 at NJMP? I won't be at that one, but I may be there the day before....we'll see. Planning on Sat, Sept 15, at NJMP, too!
OH, and nothing wrong with an Interceptor, cool bikes! We have a '99 in the garage!

Dave561

Control Rider
Not sure that they send a confirmation, but unless there's two Wendys coming you're signed up. Welcome to the addiction, I'm sure you'll love it.

bigkaley

Control Rider
Hi Wendy,
I haven't met you yet, but I know Tip well, and also met your daughter the Monday after the NJMP fundraiser. I showed up Monday morning after working Sunday night and saw/ talked with Tip. Always great seeing him!

Good to hear you're up for trying this hobby out! I think you'll have a great time.

Welcome! .... and ask LOTS of questions... we all did as we came up through the ranks!

Tom.

denbsteph

TRACK CRACK.......TRACK CRACK...........TRACK CRACK..........TRACK CRACK............TRACK CRACK...........TRACK CRACK...........HIDE YOUR PURSE..........TRACK CRACK........... Welcome! A family full of TRACK CRACK ADDICTS ( I mean no disrespect ).........TRACK CRACK............... Welcome to the addiction!................TRACK CRACK!.

Dennis

CBRtist

@Dave - thx for the confirmation!

@Kaley - Ah yes... Daughter came back early off his babysitting shift, pointed and said "Dad's busy talking to some guy..."

No cheddar for excessive crack... til I come back as Ryan in my second life.

noobinacan

Wendy...I can only imagine the thoughts that must go through your mind.
Take a honest swing at it, with positive attitude, thank the big guy upstairs before and after, that way it all starts well and ends well :)
The more you stay relaxed, the most fun it will be :popcorn:
welcome to the sport!!!

Just ask Dennis and his butbuddy Mike laughing it up in their tent at 6am in the morning ;)
LOL....sorry Mike/aka Godfather, I just couldn't hold myself back from saying that...ROFL.

denbsteph

noobinacan;252269 wrote: Wendy...I can only imagine the thoughts that must go through your mind.
Take a honest swing at it, with positive attitude, thank the big guy upstairs before and after, that way it all starts well and ends well :)
welcome to the sport!!!

Just ask Dennis and his butbuddy Mike laughing it up in their tent at 6am in the morning ;)
LOL....sorry Mike/aka Godfather, I just couldn't hold myself back from saying that...ROFL.
Aman:

Butbuddy............really? LOL. That was Scott at Road Atlanta, not Mike. You must of been pretty close to our tent to hear us laughing, what were you doing creeping at 0600? :eek: Don't let the Secret Squirrel get a bead on ya, there will be hell to pay!!!

Remember how I helped you with your zipper that day :haha: Don't worry, your secret is safe with me :cool:

My apologises for hijacking the thread.

Dennis

noobinacan

denbsteph;252280 wrote: Aman:

Butbuddy............really? LOL. That was Scott at Road Atlanta, not Mike. You must of been pretty close to our tent to hear us laughing, what were you doing creeping at 0600? :eek: Don't let the Secret Squirrel get a bead on ya, there will be hell to pay!!!

Remember how I helped you with your zipper that day :haha: Don't worry, your secret is safe with me :cool:

My apologises for hijacking the thread.

Dennis
LOL Sorry, I meant Scott...yes, let's not talk about the zipper here. :rainbow:

If you've ridden on the street, the track will feel like pure heaven. It truly ruined street riding for me, but it makes you a better rider and puts you in the company of a great bunch of people. If you see a bike with a farm vehicle triangle on the tail, that's me warning folks how slow I am...

CBRtist

Thanks all for your words of support. No apologies needed on the hijacking, I'm well aware of the quasi-homo actions that take place in this organization :spank:

Part of the reason I do want to transition to Track is safety in a controlled environment.

I'm at Summit right now. I'm sure I know of many of you, but it will take me a little while to place faces with number's and names, but I always am putting around to check things out.

Big thanks to Tom Kaley for overheating his bike and CRing my daughter on her 50 today once around the paddock... But I was watching and saying to my husband "he might be going a little too slow for her..." :crs:

denbsteph

noobinacan;252359 wrote: LOL Sorry, I meant Scott...yes, let's not talk about the zipper here. :rainbow:
LOL, you are one funny dude!! Looking forward to seeing you again........get that zipper fixed, I'm not doing that again, I felt violated after having to help you tuck all that in............ LOL. I know everyone is going " WTF is going on here? "

denbsteph

Mrs Wendy,

Aman hit the nail on the head, have a plan for the day, find a ritual that suits you at the beginning of the day and the end. Find the thing that keeps you focused ( in a fun way of course ) on the task at hand. I have a ritual that starts before I go out and hit the track for the first session, it takes about two minutes and it's just not for me, it's for everyone out there the entire day. After that I take a deep breath and go have fun!!

Again, Welcome to the Addiction!

Godfather

Aman! I mean AMEN!

noobinacan;252269 wrote: Wendy...I can only imagine the thoughts that must go through your mind.
welcome to the sport!!!

Aman,, I mean AMEN to that!,

Wendy! AWESOME of you to come on out! I really think I love the FRIENDSHIPS as much as the riding. It's great to talk it up and just be with GREAT people! What I dislike most is PACKING UP and going home after the weekend! It makes me sad:dunno:

Wendy welcome to the fun!

Aman! VIR in OCT!

R/ Mike"GODFATHER"Beard

Steamer

Intro Event

I just emailed you a confirmation letter. You can print that out and take to the track with you.