Deals you just missed...

:argh: I just missed the chance to bid on a showroom condition 2011 BMW S1000RR with 1300 miles at a U.S. Marshals auction last week. Saturday I met the guy who won the bike. He's picking it up this week for only $7850! KBB suggested retail value is over $12000! I offered him $7900 for it :). Anyway, this made me wonder about the deals anyone else "just missed..."

Well since I did not have the cash, but considered takinga small quick loan, a few weeks ago I found a 97 or 98 Honda RS125 for 1,400.

Needed rebuilt but damn that is cheap!

BZ

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Bubba Zanetti;258906 wrote: Well since I did not have the cash, but considered takinga small quick loan, a few weeks ago I found a 97 or 98 Honda RS125 for 1,400.

BZ
Bubba, That's good money on an R6:D. I'm just messing with you. I know you will never leave the smoker. I'm hoping to get that kind of deal on a trailer once my toolbox sells.

Pseudolus

Bubba Zanetti;258906 wrote: Well since I did not have the cash, but considered takinga small quick loan, a few weeks ago I found a 97 or 98 Honda RS125 for 1,400.

BZ
Funniest experience of my short track career was riding Bubba's ass into turn one at thunderbolt and watching him pull away from my 180 horsepower "showroom condition" Beemer. After that, I don't view a deal for a track bike as good unless it's around $2K. LOL. At least at that price, I could try to blame the bike.....

Slow Steve;258930 wrote: Bubba, That's good money on an R6:D. I'm just messing with you. I know you will never leave the smoker. I'm hoping to get that kind of deal on a trailer once my toolbox sells.
No worries Steve, I know you are just goofing around. The only time I get irritated is when riders give their opinion on a 2T yet they have never ridden one, owned one and pretty much know nothing about them but give think they somehow know what the machines are designed for. To them I say: “Go fuck yourself”.

I got the TZ because I wanted to learn to go fast the proper way and I always wanted one since I first saw JonnyZ on his TZ250. I am not a 2T purist so as God calls I’ll probably own a four stroke again. I have my eyes set on a FZR400 with a built motor from Speedwerks. 92 HP at the wheel on a bike like that would be the ticket. That is down the road, God willing.

Until then it’s soaking up every little bit of information the TZ pours out on my small feeble riding mind. Every little mistake costs seconds. I ended up finding that out the hard way. The latest was I would get TZ in the power band 12,500 rpms and just keep it their, I didn’t keep the throttle pinned and keep shifting. Yeah I did on parts of the track but not on parts that would help shave off seconds. John and Bob were yelling at me to go faster after they realized why the hell I wasn’t going by people on the short straights. Nothing is more satisfying than passing a 600 going up wheelie hill. You just have to fly into the chicane and fly out too! Also, I only ride a few days a year (usually 4 track days). In the eight days I have been on the TZ I have learned more than 14-16 on the VFR. Actually, it’s fair to say I was just riding around on the VFR. When I bought the TZ that is when I started to learn HOW to ride on the track.

Side note: Keep your eyes posted on the WERA forum. I got my open trailer for $250.00 bucks from a racer leaving the sport. Didn't need anything but to register and tag it for Delaware. Also, just down the road from me is Weller's Trailer Sales and they often run good deals and its tax free :D. If you come out this way let me know and I'll treat ya to breakfast or lunch. You can even bring those homos Bo, Brian and Greg ;)

Looking forward to next riding season already!

BZ

Pseudolus;258940 wrote: Funniest experience of my short track career was riding Bubba's ass into turn one at thunderbolt and watching him pull away from my 180 horsepower "showroom condition" Beemer. After that, I don't view a deal for a track bike as good unless it's around $2K. LOL. At least at that price, I could try to blame the bike.....
I blame myself and the bike at times ;)

BZ

Pseudolus

betarace;258958 wrote: Imagine if he used WOT.
Now that was spray milk out my nose hilarious! But I can't laugh too hard because I was there shortly after Bubba's epiphany and I had no idea that I was supposed to be WOT anytime but down the front straight.

That's probably the biggest improvement I've made at the end of the season. Not feeling "that" afraid to get on the gas soon and hard!

betarace

Bubba Zanetti;258960 wrote: No worries Steve, I know you are just goofing around. The only time I get irritated is when riders give their opinion on a 2T yet they have never ridden one, owned one and pretty much know nothing about them but give think they somehow know what the machines are designed for. To them I say: “Go fuck yourself”.

I got the TZ because I wanted to learn to go fast the proper way and I always wanted one since I first saw JonnyZ on his TZ250. I am not a 2T purist so as God calls I’ll probably own a four stroke again. I have my eyes set on a FZR400 with a built motor from Speedwerks. 92 HP at the wheel on a bike like that would be the ticket. That is down the road, God willing.

Until then it’s soaking up every little bit of information the TZ pours out on my small feeble riding mind. Every little mistake costs seconds. I ended up finding that out the hard way. The latest was I would get TZ in the power band 12,500 rpms and just keep it their, I didn’t keep the throttle pinned and keep shifting. Yeah I did on parts of the track but not on parts that would help shave off seconds. John and Bob were yelling at me to go faster after they realized why the hell I wasn’t going by people on the short straights. Nothing is more satisfying than passing a 600 going up wheelie hill. You just have to fly into the chicane and fly out too! Also, I only ride a few days a year (usually 4 track days). In the eight days I have been on the TZ I have learned more than 14-16 on the VFR. Actually, it’s fair to say I was just riding around on the VFR. When I bought the TZ that is when I started to learn HOW to ride on the track.

Side note: Keep your eyes posted on the WERA forum. I got my open trailer for $250.00 bucks from a racer leaving the sport. Didn't need anything but to register and tag it for Delaware. Also, just down the road from me is Weller's Trailer Sales and they often run good deals and its tax free :D. If you come out this way let me know and I'll treat ya to breakfast or lunch. You can even bring those homos Bo, Brian and Greg ;)

BZ
that's a lot of text - wouldn't it have been easier to:
1. realize I was winding you up and laugh along
2. /ignore/
3. tell me to eff off

I can only surmise I have hit a nerve

betarace;259018 wrote: that's a lot of text - wouldn't it have been easier to:
1. realize I was winding you up and laugh along
2. /ignore/
3. tell me to eff off

I can only surmise I have hit a nerve
Steve, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the other Steve.

There are too many Steve's on this BBS:D

BZ

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Bubba Zanetti;258960 wrote: lf”.

I only ride a few days a year (usually 4 track days). In the eight days I have been on the TZ I have learned more than 14-16 on the VFR.

BZ
I thought you did more days then that. I'm not sure, but it looks like you're trying to break my :b: group record. Spend the winter getting that bike perfect so that doesn't happen.

I'm going to my mom's place in Lewes in a couple weeks. I'll give you a shout.

Slow Steve;259029 wrote: I thought you did more days then that. I'm not sure, but it looks like you're trying to break my :b: group record. Spend the winter getting that bike perfect so that doesn't happen.

I'm going to my mom's place in Lewes in a couple weeks. I'll give you a shout.
I have a ways to go before that happens :p

Looking forward to breakfast and or lunch.

BZ