Dennis is OK

noobinacan

i just have to paste this here...

sorry ..I can't hold myself back. its too funny

From Scott...but I fixed the gazillion spelling mistakes the pirate made. what a freakin dreamy fairy tale. how cute!!!
:rainbow::spank:

I feel I need to fill in the blanks in regards to the weekend's festivities. If we didn't mention earlier, Ben Walters from the Army of Darkness endurance riding team set up shop right next to us on Sunday. He was prepping and tuning his bike for an upcoming race. --EXTREME comment REMOVED!!! -- Anyway, if you didn't know, Dennis is quite enamored with Ben. He was all over his junk like a teenage girl on a Boy Band member. It was really quite embarrassing.
So, I'm talking to Dennis on the phone last night while he's still in the hospital. He was relaying the crash experience. Now keep in mind, it might not be word for word but it's how I remembered the whole conversation. Dennis said he on his third or fourth lap of the session and had passed just about everyone, he estimates he was running about 1:29.8 lap times. As he was coming up to turn 9 at about 130 mph and had Ben in his sights, he went to downshift and caught a false neutral (I've heard that story before). When the bike caught neutral it threw the chain and locked up the rear wheel which sent him in to a high speed lowside. Being the extraordinary rider that he is, he attempted to save it. He says he jammed the front brake in an attempt to bring the locked-up rear wheel off the ground. Now, with the bike on it's front wheel, he did a complete 360 turn without falling before the bike left the pavement and went in to the grass. Keep in mind, he's now traveling at about 85 mph on the front wheel in the grass. This is when he spotted the frog, right in front of his tire! His natural insticts kicked in "Save The Frog". With a skills of a ninja, he yanked the handlebars to the left and squeezed the front brake lever instantly locking the front wheel and sending him airborne. As he was flying through the air, he saw that he had missed the frog, "Yes", he screamed. Now he had to focus his attention on landing. He thought for a moment, hmmmm, maybe I should do a face first slide like I'm going in to second base. He discarded that idea because he thought it wouldn't look very impressive to anyone witnessing this event. He decided he would do a flip and land flat on his back. He'd felt that speed hump before and thought, "Hey, that's pretty soft, I bet that will cushion my landing". He went into a tuck grabbing the back of his knees like an Olympic diver and performed an perfect flip. As he landed, he realized the speed hump was not much of an impact absorber. After impacting the ground, he states he went to sleep and started dreaming. There was a horse approaching, it was a black stallion with large muscular legs, it was snorting and rearing up. There was a knight riding it wearing a black suit of armor and carrying a long shiny sword. As the horse reared up, the knight raised his sword in the air, Dennis was extremely impressed. The knight gained control of the steed and flipped up his visor. IT WAS BEN! He reached out his hand and said "Take my hand Dennis, I'll save you". Dennis reached out to him and he was scooped up on to the back on the horse. Dennis held on to Ben firmly and they galloped off in to the sunset. The next thing he remembers is a fairly ugly EMT massaging his testicles and asking him "How does that feel". He immediately lost consciousness and didn't wake up again until he was in the ambulance.
Now I'm sure I might have missed something but Dennis will fill in once he's recovered.

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Hope Dennis heals quickly..... remember that laughing with fractured ribs is pretty painful....so let's hope he doesn't read that story too soon.
Damn funny.

Last Week

I dont know you, but I recently (august)snapped my shoulder blade in half and broke my collar bone.... some bruised ribs and lungs in there too at VIR S. Soo I feel your pain man. Find the recliner in the house and sleep there for a while. It will get better everyday, just keep working the junk, pops n crap out of the movement of your arm when you get the ok from the doc. Just hang in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

EddieRo

noobinacan;289686 wrote: i just have to paste this here...

sorry ..I can't hold myself back. its too funny

From Scott...but I fixed the gazillion spelling mistakes the pirate made. what a freakin dreamy fairy tale. how cute!!!
:rainbow::spank:
ahhahahahhahahahahahhahahah :adore:

Hope he's ok. Nursing a broken foot myself. Nobody mentioned the broken bones on my first track day... Heal up man!

The part where he is dreaming and dude rides up on a Stallion had me crying...

denbsteph

Thanks to everyone who helped Scott, Tex and Edwin and everyone else loading my bike and gear in the truck. Thanks to ALL who have wished me well. I do want to comment on ADVRacer's comments and disillusions about my spill and Army Of Darkness infatuations. First off, the story about what I seen while in the air, on the ground waking up is pretty much true. The frog, 360, tucking rolling and doing a flip was spot on. I will tell you the part about Ben Walters reaching out a rescuing me was not true................it was ADVRacer (Scott) that aided to my rescue. Except he was offering me a beer and told me to shake it off.....LOL. I will tell you this, anyone that can pull a wheelie down the straight away and continue to run away from you is a hero in my book. That was pretty damn cool!!!!!!!!!

I did want to pass on, my better half, Stephanie was thoroughly impressed on all the help that dropped everything and helped out. She was amazed at all the friends I have. I told her whoever goes down and needs the help, NESBIANS will do their part to help that individual out. While my wife was at the hospital, she had several other riders ask about me and was just amazed at how many people knew me. Thanks to all.

Hope "Skeet" is doing better, he was next to me in the ER at Halifax Memorial Hospital.

Update on injuries: 8 fractured ribs, bruised right lung, fractured scapula.

denbsteph

EddieRo;289840 wrote: ahhahahahhahahahahahhahahah :adore:

Hope he's ok. Nursing a broken foot myself. Nobody mentioned the broken bones on my first track day... Heal up man!

The part where he is dreaming and dude rides up on a Stallion had me crying...

Scott is quite funny, very imaginative as well. I tried not to laugh, but it was hard not to. It hurts to laugh, thank god for the Narcs, makes it easier to endure.

denbsteph

corymac;290235 wrote: Dam man I'm glad you not to bad :) Glad to hear your up. Ribs are going to hurt for awhile

THANKS!!!! Good to hear from you!

Ribs do hurt........ :wow: The pain meds make it bearable, trying to taper off them so I can go back to work.

Dennis

Kruizen

Control Rider
Still bugging me, but I'll survive. so you get your off on go-pro??

just part out your bike and come over to the darkside(Buell), then you won't hear me.

denbsteph

Kruizen;290287 wrote: Still bugging me, but I'll survive. so you get your off on go-pro??

just part out your bike and come over to the darkside(Buell), then you won't hear me.
As far as the GO PRO getting the off road excursion, it died in the lollipop, probably a lap or two earlier.

I think TEX got it though, I'm not sure.

That is funny though to part out the Yamaha. When I hear you behind me, it means I just need to go faster... :)