Did anyone get pics or vid of my crash???

HOTROD1200

Jus wondering if any of you were taking pics or vid on saturday 8/23/08 at VIR south.

I went down during my 2nd session :banghead: Dont know the turn number, but it was that fast left turn on the backside.

I was riding a blue 04 R6 bike #820.

Thanks in advance! :D

CBRYDR

Are you the infamous one that flew off the kink? It's the turn (slight kink to the left) before you enter oak tree. I think it's T9. Were you running I?

HOTROD1200

CBRYDR;11527 wrote: Are you the infamous one that flew off the kink? It's the turn (slight kink to the left) before you enter oak tree. I think it's T9. Were you running I?
yea i guess so...i heard a couple of other riders went down on that same turn after i did

yup, i was running in the I group.

CBRYDR

Man, I loved that turn. It's so deceptive on approach, but once you run it a few times it's a fun turn. What happened there? No worries, man. I went down in Session 1, T1

HOTROD1200

CBRYDR;11540 wrote: Man, I loved that turn. It's so deceptive on approach, but once you run it a few times it's a fun turn. What happened there? No worries, man. I went down in Session 1, T1
well i tried to do too much too freakin early...i came in pretty hot and had to lean the bike over crucially...next thing you know my tires break traction then BAM!!!!!

i have a grade 2 separated shoulder and a partially torn rotator cuff :argh:

minor damage to the bike...jus scratched up plastics and case cover...bent my shift lever too

not bad for a 100mph crash!

CBRYDR

Dude...Sorry to hear. When I was taking that turn, I theoretically kept the bike as upright as possible and shifted almost all of my weight to the left. Everytime I took it though, I'd think I wasnt gonna make it...heal up soon and get back out there! You planning to have surgery?

HOTROD1200

nah dont need surgery. acorrding to my ortho, he said if i dont heal correctly in 3 weeks, then i"ll prolly have to.

Bluenvy

HOTROD1200;11553 wrote: well i tried to do too much too freakin early...i came in pretty hot and had to lean the bike over crucially...next thing you know my tires break traction then BAM!!!!!

i have a grade 2 separated shoulder and a partially torn rotator cuff :argh:

minor damage to the bike...jus scratched up plastics and case cover...bent my shift lever too

not bad for a 100mph crash!

glad you are relatively ok. i wish my bike looked like yours after my 100mph get off :(