Did you achieve your 2015 goals?

kawijay

New to this
kawijay, lots of great replies here to your goals. Jack, Dave and Judy hit the nail on the head with regards to things like crashing, chicken strips and body position. Like Judy, I too like your #3 ;-) Once we as riders realize that we are the things that need the most work to become better at this sport, we can make some great progress. If you ever get the chance to meet true champions like Hayes, Beaubier, Russell, etc...you realize how humble these guys are. It's because they need to be aware of their weak points and realize that they need to work hard to win consistently.

Welcome to N2 and definitely don't hesitate to reach out to us at the track for help!

I agree. Lots of good stuff.being given. I do plan on asking a lot of questions and staying humble. Just hope I don't end being a pest or slowing the pace down on the track

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kawijay

New to this
Jay, while thinking back to my early track days, the 2 things that might have kept me from crashing were body positioning and vision. I think one can get away with poor body positioning to a point, then you're greeted by the pavement as your pace picks up (sometimes on multiple occasions).

Sounds painful ....but it's a fact. You may tumble here and there, but I am sure I can learn from my mistakes.

kawijay

New to this
Yep..if you use your vision, keeping your eyes always looking ahead, that will avoid most of your panic situations and remove many situations where your reflexes resort to survival reactions.
Was sorta working in this in Sept/Oct on the street. I do agree. Vision plays a big part of making the turn or taking the right line. When I felt I was finally getting it I had to stop riding because of the season

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I agree. Lots of good stuff.being given. I do plan on asking a lot of questions and staying humble. Just hope I don't end being a pest or slowing the pace down on the track

Don't ever worry about slowing the pace. Don't ever look behind you (except when entering the track). Ride on the proper line, be smooth and predictable, and the other riders will pass. It is the responsibility of the overtaking riders to make clean passes. As long as you're on line and predictable, the passes should be clean. In the Novice group, passing isn't allowed in corners, only places where bikes are straight up and down.

kawijay

New to this
Ok. Just trying to get the most of what I am there for. Turning laps and not learning anything is a not what I am there for

It is days like this and threads like this that absolutely reinforces the fact that my son and myself joined the best track day organization on the planet..so many people just wanting to better others...thank you N2.