Diesel Costs More Than Gas?

noobinacan

Godfather;253030 wrote: :dunno:http://www.nacsonline.com/NACS/News/Daily/Pages/ND0301122.aspx

I stumbled across this and I have had the same question as to why diesel costs more than gas... I think this is a good answer.

Respectfully
Mike "Godfather" Beard
Its all politics and supply/demand "oh, Diesel consumption is going higher and its in demand" lets jack up the price
Also, big chunk of folks buying Diesel are state transportation and commercial...who'll pay the extra $$$ cause they have to get the job done.

Honestly, what if Gas /Diesel went to $5 ? (already is in some places) $10 ?
its not like people will stop driving.

you might see a the two wheel market skyrocket...and bikes will no longer be just toys.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
It's about 40 cents a gallon higher than 87 around here. Kind of defeats the point of me looking at diesel trucks to get better towing mileage...

Dave561

Control Rider
I still get better mile per dollar in the new diesel but would be a lot better if was closer to regular fuel prices. Oh well, like mentioned we don't have much of a choice. Bike sales and scooters peaked with the last big price hike, but people are getting numb to it and at least locally, sales have slowed again.

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
My diesel sprinter gets 26mph vs the 16 the 4.7 in my ram 1500, making the sprinter cheaper to drive.

Dave561

Control Rider
Slow Steve;253055 wrote: My diesel sprinter gets 26mph vs the 16 the 4.7 in my ram 1500, making the sprinter cheaper to drive.
At 26mph mine gets 28mpg but I can't drive that slow. Now I know its not just the track where you're slow. :D

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
^ Wow Dave! & I defend you every time Bo tells the tail of how he went by you so fast that he spun you like a top.:p

Godfather

8 Dollars a gallon

noobinacan;253037 wrote: Its all politics and supply/demand "oh, Diesel consumption is going higher and its in demand" lets jack up the price
Also, big chunk of folks buying Diesel are state transportation and commercial...who'll pay the extra $$$ cause they have to get the job done.

Honestly, what if Gas /Diesel went to $5 ? (already is in some places) $10 ?
its not like people will stop driving.

you might see a the two wheel market skyrocket...and bikes will no longer be just toys.
Aman,

Before returning to this GREAT COUNTRY, I lived in Sicily for 22 years and 9 months. (My Italian wife wanted to do an overseas tour, so we got orders to the USA?) Anyway!

In 2008 when gas was $4.10 a gallon here in the US, in Sicily it was $8.00 a gallon!

If gas or diesel does go above $5.00 a gallon, here in the US we will have to change our way of life.

My Jeep Liberty Diesel is considered a LARGE displacement engine at 2.8 liters in Italy. All the new Fiat 500's you are seeing and the little Ford "bread truck" you see now have been in production for quite some time in Europe.

Yes, TWO WHEELS is the way alot of folks move around in Italy. It's normal seeing the father on the front driving the scooter and a child standing on the floor boards and the mom on the back. Three up is normal.
Scooters out sale motorcycles in Italy by 3 to 1. The MAXI Scooters have really taken off. I think Aprilia now makes a 800 cc scooter. I'm waiting to see if the new T-max comes to the US! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vpNx1C0CDU

If it does happen the price of real estate in the cities will go even higher and homes in the suburbs will be almost impossible to sell?

Later Aman.

Mike"Godfather"Beard

supply they control they slow pumping at times just to drive the price, and they could produce more and build more gas plants, but big oil companys are like WHY should we spend big $$$ and build more plants when they can make money playing games...