Dirtbiking?

Mr. Blindrider

I know of a few guys with NESBA that ride the dirt in the off season. I was curious how many more ride dirtbikes. If so, what do you ride? I ride a CRF450 when it let's me.:D We don't always get along very well.:eek:

bryant#40

Dirtbikes is where I started! I ride an '06 YZ450F (now for sale) and an '04 KTM 300EXC for offroad. Someone should plan some rides during this offseason....

Any news on the Barber motocross track? I was too busy to check last weekend.

Folly1

Ken,

I went out today with one of your favorite directors. His ride was non-eventful, but exhausting. I hit 3 trees, 2 with the bike and one with my helmet. Brian says I need a bigger faster bike! I also took about 10 soil samples, some deep borings. We were in soft sand for the most part. I am almost too tired to type.

I am going to look at several used 230s tomorrow. Saying goodby to the tiny xr100 in favor of something that will knock down trees.

Take care.

Ben.

buellucifer9s

I grew up on mx- i know in the nc area of several tracks that i try to hit at least one in a weekend.
i ride an 07 rmz450

Ben the last time I rode with Brian and Pitzer, I hit a tree- so it has to be something about those guys or maybe just Brian

Rick Johnson

I usally hit the motorcross track on my 03 YZ250 yeah 2stroke. They are not dead yet.Don't think I'll do any this winter becasue I don't think my recovering separated shoulder will take the abuse of the jumps.Actually am thinking about selling it to use the money towards racing,TDs,and tires for next season.I can go to the MX track for $10 for 5 hours and ride as much as I want.Too bad our TDs are not that cheap.It's great training.I think it's one of the most physical sports out there.

Mr. Blindrider

Folly1;26887 wrote: Ken,

I went out today with one of your favorite directors. His ride was non-eventful, but exhausting. I hit 3 trees, 2 with the bike and one with my helmet. Brian says I need a bigger faster bike! I also took about 10 soil samples, some deep borings. We were in soft sand for the most part. I am almost too tired to type.

I am going to look at several used 230s tomorrow. Saying goodby to the tiny xr100 in favor of something that will knock down trees.

Take care.

Ben.
:haha: I heard you guys were playing. I'm with Brian, you need a bigger bike for all that sand.:D The little bikes don't have enough power to get on top and keep moving. The smaller wheels don't help either. I've got another 450 if you want it. Going to go bigger, you might as well go bigger!!!:first:

We only have 3 weeks left before DT. Sooo, you might want to stop with the taste samples.:poorguy: We want you healthy. BTW dirt and tree bark are not very healthy for you. Trust me, I know.

We may ride next weekend.

Mr. Blindrider

buellucifer9s;26889 wrote: I grew up on mx- i know in the nc area of several tracks that i try to hit at least one in a weekend.
i ride an 07 rmz450

Ben the last time I rode with Brian and Pitzer, I hit a tree- so it has to be something about those guys or maybe just Brian
Mental note to self. Watch out for trees when riding with Brian. Got it.:D

roy 826

I ride trails with my '07 RM-Z450. I have it setup for that with Factory Connection suspension and all the usual protection goodies. It is wicked fast in the woods!!:eek: I belong to a riding club that has about 22 miles of nicely groomed hilly terrain. Here is a sample video of a typical section of trail. That is yours truely in the video:D

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/rholmes18/2007%20RM-Z%20450/Bike%20videos/?action=view&current=satartiabanjotrail.flv

We have some monster hills in those woods that require a 450 in 2nd gear flat out to make it up.:doh: Dirtbiking is very fun but can end you up in the ER if your not careful and ride within your limits. I have been hurt more on a dirtbike than I ever have on a trackbike.

Davisjk

I ride a CRF 50 w/ BBR bars and suspention,:D We my little 5 year old girl will let me take it:haha: (Yes i said it 50dity ) Big enough for me on dirt. Ill stick to asphalt on 2 wheels, 4 wheels on dirt.:notsure:

buellucifer9s

roy 826;26919 said:
I ride trails with my '07 RM-Z450. I have it setup for that with Factory Connection suspension and all the usual protection goodies. It is wicked fast in the woods!!:eek: I belong to a riding club that has about 22 miles of nicely groomed hilly terrain. Here is a sample video of a typical section of trail. That is yours truely in the video:D

is that the ricky edition?

roy 826

buellucifer9s;26934 wrote:
roy 826;26919 said:

is that the ricky edition?
It sure is:D

roy 826

Here is one of those monster uphills in our trail system. It is un-rideable right now with roots and ruts that will eat a dirtbike.:eek:

Mr. Blindrider

buellucifer9s;26932 wrote: Ken you going to be @ dt on the 13th?
Matt, I will be there on the 11th and ride on the 12th and 13th. Come back the 14th Sunday. 4 of my friends from around here had already planned a trip for the same weekend so I am going a day early and leaving a day early with them. I take it you are going too? Should be a blast!!!:D