Do any of you use Nitrogen in your tires?

Rick Johnson

Justino I'm in Greensboro.Me and two other guys I know here ride with Nesba and race with CCS.VIR is our home track and only 1 hour away.There is alot of good tracks here on the east coast.I don't really ride much on the street anymore.The foothills and mountains are only about 1 hour away or so.There is some pretty good twisty roads up there.My # is 29 I ride a 05R1 and 05R6 in the advance group.Look me up at the track next year and say hello.Sorry for getting off topic.

Kawa_Brian

Lars,
Just FOAM fill them.....LOL extra weight will make you turn in faster but remember it will take 3 laps to get up to speed.....See ya next year.........

Revvin' Evan

Kawa_Brian;30358 wrote: Lars,
Just FOAM fill them.....LOL extra weight will make you turn in faster but remember it will take 3 laps to get up to speed.....See ya next year.........
Yea, that foam filled michelin slick you gave me at Thunderbolt was freakin' sweet man. No wonder you pass on the inside while your CRing, the extra rotating mass just keeps your corner speeds up:saythat: The foam made the tire a pain to mount by hand though:argh:

ksolo81

hey lars great question! thats something a few of us had been kicking around, and it got some great answers , some butt holic answers too i may add lol!some people who know everything in the history of the world expect you to know it too! anyways i have access to nitrogen and i do run it in my tires, both in my domestic vehicles and in my work vehicles including my dump trucks and it makes a differance there! my only worry with the bike would the tires warm up suffecient enough w/out warmers (us po folk cant affordem). it seems to me the idea of a race tire is to keep it as hot as possible right? or am i misled?

Lars

I don’t know why Brian can pass in the most impossible places.
And then ‘No, no that was not to make you feel bad, but to show you a different. line’. Brian, I am looking forward to ride with you again.

Kevin, I got my car from the shop and they left a tag telling that they filled with nitrogen. My question came to me after looking up information on it and reading this page: http://www.getnitrogen.org/why/index.php
Next time we share garage we can park our bikes beside each other and wrap my warmers on both :)

To you guys that I have not talked too lately. My physical Therapist has released me and I am only few deg from having full movement in my shoulder. Now I need to build strength and I can’t wait to get back on the track.

Happy New Year to all of you

Cu,
Lars

ksolo81

same to you lars! belive it or not that was my last trackday last year and i didnt even get a chance to crash! i had weight probs and wanted to concentrate on that ....took longer than expected, but i dropped about 30 so far 75 is my goal by march! anyways im gonna try the nitrogen and see if i do the back spin at vir this year lol

Lars

ksolo81;30433 wrote: same to you lars! belive it or not that was my last trackday last year and i didnt even get a chance to crash! i had weight probs and wanted to concentrate on that ....took longer than expected, but i dropped about 30 so far 75 is my goal by march! anyways im gonna try the nitrogen and see if i do the back spin at vir this year lol
Kevin ant others, keep up the good work.
I lost +40 lbs my self and that made a big difference on the bike.
It is amazing how much less lb helps in turns like T4-T6 plus T10-11 on VIR N and T5-8 on Summit Main.

Cu,
Lars

Rick Johnson

Lars good luck on the shoulder rehab.I separated mine March 8th this year.Went thru phy. thpy. and was back on the track May 25.Started my own weight training in June since I usally workout 4 times a week.It has been slow getting strength back in that shoulder but is coming along ok.Just start out with lightweight doing 15 to 25 reps of the exercises the Dr. showed you and later on add in some others as you get some of the strength back.;)

Kawa_Brian

everybody has to pick on the FAT kid on the little bike....LOL
Lars will see ya next year....

Evan.......I see that I'am going to have to STAB you..:nutkick:....hit me up we need to play..:spank:..