Do I need to take the race class?

01wj

Just as the title says. I took (and passed) the CCS new racers licensing clinic out in Arizona and got the certificate of completion back in Nov. 2011. Unfortunately, I took the clinic and got the certificate, but I never bought the actual race license and entered any races. Fast forward, I am back in Illinois for the summer and was thinking of trying to do some races up here. (also since CCS unfortunately cancelled their entire Southwest region for this year).

Will my certificate of completion from the school in AZ suffice if I want to go do the race at Road America in May? Or do I need to retake the course?

rk97

I thought WERA's certificate was only good for a calendar year.

To be honest though, CCS probably isn't in a position to be turning away potential customers, and they might not even look at the date on the certificate. I would show up with it and try to buy a license and race. Of they make you retake the class, oh well...

gkotlin

If it is from a recognized race program or school, they are typically good for one year. Email Eric at CCS and ask.

sunney

some guy #2;234139 wrote: No idea on CCS but for WERA I think the certificate is good for however long you want.
yeah , i also don't know much about ccs .but more certificate you have , more better .i think .

Meat

Somewhere on the CCS website they list what schools are acceptable. It would probably just be easier to call CCS to be certain. 817-246-1127.

And all race organizations are hurting for money right now (i.e. WERA only had 3 expert C superstock, superbike, etc. show up to Jennings), but I doubt any of them will be lowering their printed standards anytime soon.