Do rearsets help....?

bahs

Would having your rearsets as high as possible, help with shifting from side to side full lean?

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
You don't shift at full lean...unless you wanna end up on your ear. Shifting at full lean would upset the chassis and give the tires some forces they're not prepared to handle during full lean. Watch some MotoGP or World Superbike on Speed...during the clips when they show on-board video...Rossi doesn't shift at full lean.

Rearsets can help with ergonomic comfort, lean angle ground clearance, leg leverage and other things I'm probably missing.

michicago

Pretty sure he means shifting your body for quick Left/Right turns, not shifting gears.

I still have stock rearsets so I can't offer any insight though. My stock ones did low-side me at Summit Point when they clipped the curbing though. Pretty sure that wouldn't have happened with some higher aftermarket ones.

Ruhe52

By the way you can shift at a lean angle both up and down case in point going into 14 at Barber I have seen a number of people downshift leaned into that corner. Rear sets help fine tune things but you need good form to begin with.

junktionfet

The stock footpegs on my Hondas seem really low, which was probably done to help make the bikes marginally more comfortable on the street. But that obviously isn't a good thing when you're using every last degree of lean angle. I have Woodcraft rearsets on my RC51, which moved my feet one inch up and one inch back as compared to stock. I am a fair bit more scrunched up, but do feel a whole lot more confident about swinging the bike way over.

undrlord

most people put on aftermarket rearsets and put them all the up and back. i did the same thing...but one day i got bored and started moving them around testing the feeling and i actually found a setting that works better for me. i don't feel as scrunched up

bahs

bahs;68490 wrote: Would having your rearsets as high as possible, help with shifting from side to side full lean?

Yea I mean shifting as in throwing your body from side to side. I would think the higher the faster one would be able to go from one side to the other quicker.

meanstrk

Control Rider
They don't help with side to side transitions much, but they DO help with clearance, which is the primary purpose....

Meat

I only changed to aftermarket rearsets last year, when I was dragging my toes a bit too often. I went up and back, and had a hard time staying locked on the bike at full lean and coming into a turn as well. I moved them forward and it worked great.

Mr. Blindrider

Most new sport bikes have the pegs up high enough for the ground clearance but comfort is another thing. I had mine all the way up and back but it killed my knees so I moved them back down to stock but kept them back. Much better ride comfort and no issue with ground clearance. I have to admit, it feels like I'm going to drag them but they don't even with the high curbings at VIR that I hate.;)