do you have to start in beginner

bigbird34

Ok my buddy I ran with in mid ohio intermediate class wants to come out to nesba event at nyst with me but does not want to start in beginner. Is there anything that can be done? He is an intermediate rider through and through. Faster and more consistent than me. Any thoughts or ideas?

z064life

If he is I group he will get bumped. 2 weeks ago there was an A group rider that was new to NESBA. 1st session got bumped from B to I. 2nd session went from I to A.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
If he is signing up with nesba for the very first time, he can choose either B or I. If he's already registered in B, then that can't be changed. If, when signing up, the option for I isn't there (seems there have been some glitches), then stop signing up and email info@nesba.com

But z064 is correct, he'll get bumped quickly if he's an I level or higher rider.

Nesba

bigbird34;271521 wrote: Ok my buddy I ran with in mid ohio intermediate class wants to come out to nesba event at nyst with me but does not want to start in beginner. Is there anything that can be done? He is an intermediate rider through and through. Faster and more consistent than me. Any thoughts or ideas?
Email info at nesba dot com and he will get him changed

DFlowe

bigbird34;271521 wrote: Ok my buddy I ran with in mid ohio intermediate class wants to come out to nesba event at nyst with me but does not want to start in beginner. Is there anything that can be done? He is an intermediate rider through and through. Faster and more consistent than me. Any thoughts or ideas?
Although riders can sign up in the Intermediate group, I suggest that your buddy may want to give the B group a try first. If his (or her) pace is at a higher level and done so safely while adhering to the class rules, they will be quickly recognized and moved to the proper group.

I'm a big fan on the way NESBA "promotes" riders to the next category. It helps with the ego issues that some have, gets the pace of riders up quickly with CR tutoring, and gets riders to enhance their skills along the path to the Advanced group. You get all of that plus the feeling of accomplishment when you get that "bump" to the next group. I still remember vividly every 'bump" I've earned along the way.

bigbird34

Thanks for all the insight I've told him what to do he is just debating now lol. Some people are just stubborn after earning there I with other groups. I started with nesba in b last year got bumped third track day and after my 6 was very well on pace to a just have to clean up few things. But it's still fun being faster of I group and getting input than being slow in a group. Always can learn something. But definitely a goal to be in a by the end of the year.

Bryant

He who isn't afraid, isn't trying hard enough.
LOrtega;271575 wrote: Expert race lic gets you to Advanced ... Novice does not...FYI
Well duh! Lol I thought that was a given.

LOrtega

Control Rider
Bryant;271579 wrote: Well duh! Lol I thought that was a given.
Hahaha you would think , however I have th is debate at least 3 times a year at the track with Novice Race license holders.
So it's best to be crystal clear... :)

Mr.DJ

LOrtega;271632 wrote: ......
So it's best to be crystal clear... :)

Page 4.

"A valid
expert race license is required for first-time riders with NESBA
to be placed into the Advanced group."

Either way... just line up front and we will get them in the right group. Don't let a sticker prevent you from having a great trackday ;)

noobinacan

bigbird34;271578 wrote: Thanks for all the insight I've told him what to do he is just debating now lol. Some people are just stubborn after earning there I with other groups. I started with nesba in b last year got bumped third track day and after my 6 was very well on pace to a just have to clean up few things. But it's still fun being faster of I group and getting input than being slow in a group. Always can learn something. But definitely a goal to be in a by the end of the year.
bump down to B is a hard pill to swallow. people who sign up to I do get DE-BUMPED (aka DUMPED)
you just make it hard on yourself and I can promise you, at that point, you will not be having FUN.
mentally, you're day is ruined and come 4pm session, you will want to pack it in. :asleep:

You can ask anyone with expert race license or anyone in A here.
Which group do you want to signup in another org ?
B or 'doesn't matter' will be the answer.

stkr

noobinacan;272334 wrote:
You can ask anyone with expert race license or anyone in A here.
Which group do you want to signup in another org ?
B or 'doesn't matter' will be the answer.
I don't know anyone that's in the :a: group or an expert that would "choose" to sign up as a novice in another org.

Yes, they could manage to get bumped up quickly, but why would they. Maybe the I-group, but I wouldn't go back down to novice unless it was mandatory.

I the guy feels like he should sign up in the I-group, then let him sign up. It will all get worked out one way or the other, and he just has to be willing to accept it if he gets bumped down.

FYI: We don't call it "dumped". Some people request a bump down after an extended break, or after a bad crash to work on thing at a slower pace. The bump back up is not automatic either. It has to earned all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk