Do yourself a favor this weekend

Ruhe52

Hey Barber is almost here last event of the season and it is a full event. Weather should be great and an opportunity to go fast and see a ton of friends. We have people from all over coming.
There is a meet and greet planned for Sat night so look forward to seeing you all.

I thought I would just give a reminder to try and help folks out.

1. Barber opens the gates to us when they do. Park where they tell you to don't argue with security don't crowd the registration office before you are told you can register.
2. It will likely be dark when we roll in just get used to the idea now.
3. If you are not paying for power do not take a power spot. Along the fence track level or right side of the second tier.
4. Noisy generator ummmm just use your head.
5. Day of the event. Have your bike prep'd this means look at your stuff now. If the tires are even slightly questionable deal with it. No free tires given to people that come ill equipped at this event. This goes for safety gear especially . Got a hole in your suit glove boot. Best get new ones or a proper fix. Tape will not last long on the palm of your hand sliding at any speed. Helmet is scuffed through the paint nope take that stuff and hang it on your wall.
6. If something sighted at tech. Don't argue just go fix it, If you cannot that sucks this was your warning to deal with it.
7. Check your attitude. Past few events people have rolled through tech talking about where they are going to do this or do that oddly most things outside the rules of their group. Also all those dudes yeah they crashed out before lunch.
8. B and I let the bump find you asking for it in any other way beyond lining up 1-5 in the left lane on the grid doesn't help your cause. First sessions will be chilly so this is not the time to show how you can drag an elbow. Marquez actually stands the bike up after doing this. Odds are early track temps you will not.
9. THIS IS A TRACK DAY NOT A RACE. Play nice kids we only have one sand box so we all need to respect each other.

Nesba T shirts will be available for sale. Either find me when the track is cold or check with our vendor Chuck from Performance Cyclewrox. He will also have a limited number of PCW t shirts available for people. Standard Grey and Irish Racing Green. We will miss you Kenny these were made for you bro. Funds to go to RRW Action Fund.

Chuck will be on hand to help with your bike issues / needs. Keep in mind he is there running a business and loves to talk bikes, he is also there to serve customers so if he is elbows deep in someones suspension that is not the best time to be banging him up for t shirts or to just rap out about what you should do to your suspension for the 500th time. Yep believe it or not he has had a few that could now write a book on what they should do to their bikes but they still ask the same question as if his opinion will somehow change and be cheaper.

I know the NESBA staff is looking forward to a great weekend of fun and fast, safe riding. I will be at the track early as I hate Friday Atlanta rush hour traffic which starts at 1:30PM for those of you not from the area. The 20 / 285 interchange is a pain in the ass at all times of the day FYI.
If you get there and are uncertain about something please find me or another staff member. We should be easy to pick out for this event as we have all had our upper bodies tattooed Yamaha Blue with Staff across our backs. Hows that for commitment?

A few other reminders. No pets at Barber, No glass this includes beer bottles and even applies if in a coozy. Yep you know I am calling you out. Not sure if they would let you tape it up like a headlight but solo cups are good to go and everyone gets happy when they see a red solo cup.
Barber is a cool place please remember while we rent the place we are still their guests.

See you trackside. Safe travels to all.

Is it F$%#ING Friday yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
One hell of a post. Though, I must say it doesn't apply to Barber. It applies to all tracks (Barber specific rules aside, obviously).

Needs stickied at the top of every sub forum on NESBA, in my opinion. No fluff, no bullshit. Straight and to the point!

whitarnold

Maybe it will not be a RED FLAG FEST like most "cold track" and "end of the season" events are? Well, at least the GNF is finished and it will not be a "race prep practice" either. So, that being said, I will see you at the track.

bmrboy

To ALL my fellow riders , I just wanted to wish everyone a GREAT weekend .... Weather looks good , sunny days ... :D
But also keep in mind ... track will be cold ... tires will be much cooler ... PLEASE BE CAREFUL ... Enjoy yourself , Enjoy your
friends , I'm sure Saturday Night will be off the hook , good times had by ALL ...

Also , The Holidays are just around the corner , So let me be the first to wish everybody a Great Holiday Season .... :agree:
Again , Have a GREAT TIME ...... GO FAST , HAVE FUN , BE SAFE & GO HOME .... See y'all in the Spring .... :)

roy 826

Good info and I especially like the 'power' reference. I rolled in at the last STT sold out event at Barber a little later then usual and was completely with no where to park 30' of trailer and no power. Many spots that were taken were not power users. I got lucky and two guys let me squeeze in on them (squeezing 30' ain't easy in the daylight much less in the dark). Ended up finding power 60' away using my extension cord.

Would not have been the end of the world if I had to park in the wide open no power side but I'd a took the muffler off that Honda EU3000 genny to share my misery of paying for a weekend of power and having to create my own:D

This is why I took Friday off work I will be there early thirty.:)

Reason I like Nola's method of reserving power and paying for it in advance of an event. Early bird gets the worm that way.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Smithereens;293715 wrote: Ruhe is Dave's favorite fluffer..... wow ..... just wow.....:puke:
Like you, I will be trying to wash that image from my brain...with Clorox.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
35398453.jpg

bmrboy

I'd say by 10 p.m. .... There might be a good game of corn hole going on ........ ;)

Everyone , HAVE A GREAT TIME !!!!! Go Fast , Be Safe , Have Fun , Go Home !!!!

Happy Holidays ........ :agree: See y'all in the spring ..... :D

Ruhe52

Ok but seriously before all the BS started here do yourself a favor make sure you have good tires fuel and leave your ego at home. I know only one guy that will be out there that has the right to have an ego and oddly he doesn't.

leanangler

Control Rider
Great stuff Ruhe!!

I'm trying to scrounge up a white board so we can display the 38 degree track temperature at pit out!!!
I figure if we put you in a bikini and high heels and walk the pit lane with the white board we might just be able to get the idea across that the track is cold.

CAN YOU SAY SHRINKAGE???? :haha:

:D:D:D:D

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
leanangler;293777 wrote: Great stuff Ruhe!!

I'm trying to scrounge up a white board so we can display the 38 degree track temperature at pit out!!!
I figure if we put you in a bikini and high heels and walk the pit lane with the white board we might just be able to get the idea across that the track is cold.

CAN YOU SAY SHRINKAGE???? :haha:

:D:D:D:D
I'm going to need some bleach so I can rinse my eyes out after imagining that... :wow:

Dave561

Control Rider
I'm out now. Was really looking forward to this trip but something came up. Have fun, be safe and see you all soon