Does anyone work for the Gov't/Contracting...got a Question!

Burnall4

I am trying to obtain a job with the government in the Northern VA/DC/Maryland area in the following agencies. (listed in order of desire)

DHS
DLA
DOD
DOC - IRS
DOS

I am also looking into Government Contracting Companies!

I am currently on USAjobs.gov with my resume out for searches. I have made some good contacts, but I am looking for more contacts to maybe get me a leg up on the process. I have already passed several FBI background checks for a project in my graduate school program. If anyone works, knows of someone, or has some advice, please PM me or email me at gloftin at gmail dot com. Thank in advance!

Trying to find a job, need help affording this silly addiction I(we) have!!!

crewnutz

there are a lot of govt contracting jobs in Patuxent River......

NAVAIR is a govt contracter for the DOD in Pax River and is always hiring, good earning potential but high burnout rate from what i hear

and Pax River is supposedly a boring place to live

Burnall4

KRW pm replied! Thanks!

Crewnutz, thanks I have contacts there, and you are right they said its a HIGH burnout rate, and they wont be there much longer!

EngineNoO9

Don't goto Pax it sucks there... Not sure on contracting jobs but BRAC is coming to Aberdeen Proving Ground here in MD so FT Monmouth is moving all of its stuff to here. I'm pretty sure there are contracting jobs coming here. It's not a bad place either as it's equi-distant to summit and njmp and not far from baltimore, philly, and DC. Not sure on all of the specifics but if you look at monmouth jobs they still show up as being in Jersey but really will be here.

superkain

take the "required" items from the job listing and include them almost verbatim in your resume. these applications and resumes are filtered by first level clerical people who have no idea what you do and can only match on basic English and numbers (i.e. 3 years experience means 3 years, not 36 months...) before they EVER get seen by someone in the know. in fact unless they meet those criteria exactly these applications cannot even be CONSIDERED by the hiring staff.

Burnall4

Thanks guys for all the information, thanks especially to Kevin to giving me some tough advice! I need to get some things sorted before I go further!