Don't Armour Bodies fit better than this?

Canali

Hey guys, I got a set of new Armour Bodies for my 08 R6, paid a shop to mount them since I suck at this kind of stuff, and here's how they turned out. Check out the gaps in fitment. Don't Armour Bodies fit better than this? The shop said if they pulled them tighter the lower would have been pressed up on the exhaust and they thought the upper and lower would just have too much straing all together. The tail/undertail seems messy too. I know there's plenty of guys out there with Armour Bodies on R6's. Please weigh in! Thanks!

002.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

004.jpg

Cyclepath

Thats not bad, you should have seen bodywork in the old days. Its not factory bodywork. Paint it, put some stickers on it and you will not notice it again.

Lean.In.

The tail looks "eh", but the front looks fine to me.

Take a look at the hotbodies on my GSXR...the difference in edges where the upper and lower meet. But I dont care...itll get rashed.

P1000028.jpg

barry38

Chris - I got Armor Bodies on my 09 R6, and fitment looks close to what you have. I also had a problem with the header hitting the bodywork on the left side. I put some heat wrap around the header to fit the problem. It's kinda the way things go with the race plastic......

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yeah, looks pretty good to me! I added heat shield (the stick-on type) onto parts of the bodywork close to the exhaust, too, as a precaution. You've always got to fudge them a bit.

Canali

Thanks everybody. I feel better now. Well, I'll really feel better once the season starts :D

Chris

racerx69

Hey Chris, I have read that Armor Bodies is designed to work perfectly if there is an aftermarket exhaust on the bike, eliminating the catalyst so that there is plenty of room underneath for fitment.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
racerx69;174645 wrote: Hey Chris, I have read that Armor Bodies is designed to work perfectly if there is an aftermarket exhaust on the bike, eliminating the catalyst so that there is plenty of room underneath for fitment.
True. Most aftermarket race glass won't work with stock exhausts. Many will work with slip-ons if they eliminate the cat.

Bucky Badger

racerx69;174645 wrote: Hey Chris, I have read that Armor Bodies is designed to work perfectly if there is an aftermarket exhaust on the bike, eliminating the catalyst so that there is plenty of room underneath for fitment.
+1 this is what we have found out through experience

hank

I have the original 'Signature' bodywork on a bike and the fitment is excellent.

IDK what the newer 'Pro' series stuff is like but it's probably still better than most of the similarly priced alternatives and for a track bike, as others have said, it's 'good enough' so that at speed it is pretty darn acceptable...

j_fuggin_t

doesn't look too bad to me, i just mounted my zx6r bodywork and it has a few gaps here & there but as dustin said, its how race bodywork goes, as far as it straining, that won't phase a/b with how flexible it is

Swodi

I finally got around to getting my Armor Bodies mounted last night. I'm very happy with the fit and finish. Now I need to take it all off, sand it, and paint it.

Matt

armorbodies comes ready to paint as long as you keep it really clean.

I usually toss a little primer on it just for good measure after a light sanding to smooth it.

I've done two R6's and 7-8 sets of gsxr bodywork now.. I think the fit is as good as the person mounting it is. meaning, the first few sets i mounted looked like shit. they're okay now ;)

rk97

chriscanali;174643 wrote: Thanks everybody. I feel better now. Well, I'll really feel better once the season starts :D

Chris
I'm actually impressed that the shop considered the potential problems with mounting the bodywork right up against the exhaust.

hats off to them for being smart, rather than just doing what you asked and saying, "well you didn't say anything about that."

Swodi

When I had the cheap crap on my R6 I had to modify the belly pan to accomodate even an aftermarket exhaust. This Armour Bodies belly pan has PLENTY of clearance with my aftermarket exhaust.

Not sure if I'll get to paint it before Barber this weekend. Horribly rainstorm and tornado warnings right now...probably too humid for painting today.

BigBird

i must say that my Attack body work fits excellent on my zx-6r, and thought more or less all bikes fit like that. I guess since it was my first bodywork.

i'm kind of disappointed in the fitment of your armour bodies. if i ever get an r6, i'll have to look elsewhere for body work :(