Dr. Dave retiring from the track

Dr. Dave

The time has come that I must reluctantly retire from track Days. There are two reasons, one more functional than the other:

1. Bad knee on the right since I was a kid skiing accident. Now as I get older is starting to give me considerable problem and my orthopod says if I ever trash it again (like falling off a bike on track), it might be a really, really serious functional problem for me.

2. I now have three kids in college, with a fourth likely to start next Sept. I am going into hock exponentially and if I get hurt and can't work, I could be in serious financial difficulties. I am 65 y/o in Dec and my disability insurance policy runs out then. So the risk of the track has finally exceeded the benefit.

I will try to keep up with my "ask Dr. Dave" site but I ask that if you post a question, please check the box that notifies me there is activity on the list.

Thanks in advance.:mad::mad:

barry38

Hey Doc! We only met once, at the Beav last year. Sorry to hear your giving it up, but I can certainly appriciate the reasons why! Thanks for all the help and advice here on the board, it's very much appriciated. You take care and stop by and see us sometime if you get a chance!!! :adore:

hank

Thanks for all of the great advice provided over the years - you are a true gentleman and a credit to your profession!

:congrats: