Ducati Hypermotard eligibility and tech question

Swodi

I've never run with Nesba before, or with my new bike, a Ducati Hypermotard. Since it has the word "motard" in its name, does it fall under the motard ban? I'm looking to go to Road Atlanta at the end of July while I'm visiting family. I would probably sign up for the beginner group since I've never run a bike like this at the track and see how that goes before looking at going into the intermediate group.

The next question I had about the bike is the tech issue. Would this bike be allowed on the track without a belly pan? I have no idea where to find a belly pan for this bike, and I've done some looking.

Well, I hope to hear some good news and see you all out there on the track!

blip

Swodi;55358 wrote: I've never run with Nesba before, or with my new bike, a Ducati Hypermotard. Since it has the word "motard" in its name, does it fall under the motard ban? I'm looking to go to Road Atlanta at the end of July while I'm visiting family. I would probably sign up for the beginner group since I've never run a bike like this at the track and see how that goes before looking at going into the intermediate group.

The next question I had about the bike is the tech issue. Would this bike be allowed on the track without a belly pan? I have no idea where to find a belly pan for this bike, and I've done some looking.

Well, I hope to hear some good news and see you all out there on the track!
As far as I know the 'hyper' will be allowed at Road Atlanta. I remember an instructor was riding a motard late in the day one of the times I was there.

Yes, it will pass tech without belly pan.

Mr.DJ

blip;55411 wrote: As far as I know the 'hyper' will be allowed at Road Atlanta. I remember an instructor was riding a motard late in the day one of the times I was there
Since the new restrictions on motards, there has not been any motards on NESBA's Road Atl events . This includes staff. Hypertards are in this category. It was a difficult choice, especially as a tard rider myself.

meanstrk

Control Rider
I fear for me posting this, but seriously? The HyperMotard has close to the same top end as an SV 650.

stow

meanstrk;55472 wrote: I fear for me posting this, but seriously? The HyperMotard has close to the same top end as an SV 650.
I agree at first glance, but I think the issue is if you let a bike classified as a motard in based on it having enough hp then what do you do when someone says his motard has significant engine work and should be allowed?

It just opens up a can of worms and it is a lot easier just to say no motards. NESBA may change their mind on this in the future.

meanstrk

Control Rider
Sure, but the Duc is not a true motard. That's like not letting a Duc SS on the track. Same masic motor, with the same speed capabilities. What if someone wanted to run their Multistrada? For that matter, what if someone wanted to run their brand new Duc Streetfighter?

I understand not allowing a Honda CRF 450 on the track, or KTM SM bike, but the Duc, along with the Aprilia Shiver or Dorsoduro, should be allowed to run with no issues. There was a Hyper Motard running with Nesba at Barber last time I was there, so I am wondering why not now?

Just curious. Not trying to open a big ole can o worms, but mainly becasue I would like to buy a Dorsoduro.