Dumb Question About Bike Number

trackaddict

Hey, signed up for 5/17 Lightning. About the bike number though, I've chosen 990, am I to get the number, or is the number handed at registration, would like to know so I can run out and get some numbers made if need be.

Burnall4

You have to supply your own numbers for your bike.

Simple/effective...Home Depot Numbers/Painters tape on the bike

once you get in to it (track days) everyone moves to vinyl numbers and number plates.

see, DCdecals.net for reference

rk97

BYO #'s. only once have i seen two bikes of the same color and number at the same event.

it's pretty funny to watch your buddy get yelled at for illegal passing after he's crashed out for the day though :p

Burnall4

rk97;54347 wrote: BYO #'s. only once have i seen two bikes of the same color and number at the same event.

it's pretty funny to watch your buddy get yelled at for illegal passing after he's crashed out for the day though :p
deja vu :cool:

Note to sell, buy new plastics and get track wraps, knowing lemondrop has its rewards and its pitfalls, especially when you have the same color bike and similar looking bikes:doh:

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
It's fairly common to have bikes with the same number out there. I remember last summer at JC, there were three of us with black 07 zx6r's, two with #71, one with 72. And to top it off, we all had black leathers and black helmets. Talk about confusing!

ERB68

The bummer is making round numbers out of tape is a pain.

That's why I picked a number with 7's & 1's.

jfeagin

Try your dealer for dirtbike numbers. They can be peeled off easily, come in white or black, and sizes from 4" up to 9" tall. Or hit Wal-Mart for boat numbers. Pretty much the same deal. Lots of good decal makers on the web. I've used Vinz for most of mine.