Dunlop Racing Tires

minman26

So I called the Dunlop Racing number to buy N-Techs... Steve (says he's the head guy there) says they just came out with a new tire called Sportmax GP-A that is same technology as N-tech but is DIFFERENT than the existing Sportmax GP-A listed on the Dunlop motorcycle site... :dunno:

1. Why does Dunlop have to be so confusing?
2. Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks.

ftlbs

Yes I read that Dunlop was coming out with that tire. I spoke with a Steve at the VIR AMA race this summer. Assuming they are the same person, He's the guy to talk to about Dunlops. I don't think the Dunlop site has changed much in the past year.

minman26

Fire929;35134 wrote: What kind of deal can you get on them?
n-Tech with a 190/55 was $475 delivered... he said this new GP-A would be just over $400. Expensive, but seems like a killer tire from what I hear.

RICKYROADRACER

Overkill for trackday!! I burn up my N-Tech in one day, They are a great race tire. Matt Drucker of MD Racing has a better deal and they are the euro n-techs.

steph1000

come to canada pro6cycle has the n-tech set for $419 canadian so 369 for you guys or even better the gp209's for 320 canadian so 280 american...and i never had any tire "im talkin rear " that lasted for more than one track day..if you know any let me know..cheers

RICKYROADRACER

N- Tech hot psi is 23# if you don't ride hard it goes away and you don't maxamize it's advantages. The sportmax is a little more forgiving but for me there are other choices of tires in it's catagory that are better. Turn One has Perelli's and they lasted longer and had great grip for a Trackday. It's really all personal preference so try what you want and if cost or wear are not a concern go N-tech race.

crewnutz

if you 2 guys are responding to what I said please read again..........

anyone riding in I group does not need to waste their money on a DOT race tire........a high performance street tire would be more than enough such as a Michelin 2CT or some other brands equivalent

not talking down on the guys ability its just silly to waste your money on somethin you wont get the full benefit from

use the money on more trackdays :cheers:

minman26

crewnutz;35164 wrote: use the money on more trackdays :cheers:
Completely agree. Appreciate the feedback. Just trying to find a solid tire and stick with it. I currently run Pilot Power and expect to get the 2CT next. Haven't had any issues, but wanted to explore all options.

snikwad

buy takeoffs, from me, i have the hookup, 190/55 supercorsas all day baby, i got the hookup, holla if ya hear me, uuhhhhh